Thursday, 12 July 2012

Look what i found in the garden!

 As i do most evenings after work & cooking the kids tea, i loaded up blogger to see who had posted what.
 Mark from http://marksvegplot.blogspot.co.uk/ had posted an early July progress report. I was rather jealous of his runner beans. Lovely red flowers & i believe we are both growing the same variety -  Scarlet Empire.
 I knew mine had started to climb the supports but when i looked the other day i couldnt see any sign of flowers what so ever.
 I poured a gin & tonic and off i went on my early evening stroll.

I watered the pots in the front garden, weeded the new flower bed & took myself off to the back garden

The greenhouse was checked & watered. I then watered my fruit trees & bushes.

And then i found a courgette, a fennel bulb, which had started to swell & then best of all


FLOWERS ON MY RUNNER BEANS

6 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely surprises. Your fennel looks great, mine's half the size of yours! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, though i have to admit the photo is deceptive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing way better than me. My one courgette got eaten by slugs and the few runners that have grown are a long way way from flowering, if ever! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flighty i was shocked when i saw the flowers, shocked and pleased that is. I'm sure they came overnight.

      Delete
  4. Gardening with a gin and tonic is right up my street! Jealous of your courgette, mine aren't doing a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmmm gin & tonic. I am happy to announce i have two courgettes, both smaller than a little finger, but none the less two.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.