Friday, 27 July 2012

My new greenhouse.

Well it is here and up. Mike only broke one pane of glass when reassembling but luckily had spare. Isn't it beautiful.

It was built many years ago by a man named Neville. He died approx 3 years ago & his wife Shirley, decided a couple of weeks ago that it was time for it to go.

When it was first offered to us we declined as we already had a 8ft by 6ft greenhouse in parts in the garden. My brother was after a greenhouse so he was asked if he would like it. By that time another couple decided they wanted it & the staging was removed. They soon realised it was far to big for their needs so it was offered back to us.

For the transport of both greenhouses to be easier it was decided that my brother was to have the disassembled greenhouse & we to have this one.

And I'm so glad we did, look! We have a weather vane. Neville made it
many years ago & placed his & Shirleys initials on. Isn't it the sweetest thing.

At first I was worried about having two greenhouses in such a small garden. However now they are in place it really doesn't look so bad.

The smaller greenhouse will be used to house the grapevine,  peach tree & stawberries also I can bring on seeds in it.

I am so excited about the possibilities, I'm even thinking about growing sweet potatoes in it next year!



Enjoy your day.

7 comments:

  1. We started off with two greenhouses of a similar size to your two before we replaced them with one large one. The larger of our two old ones went to Martyn's dad and later came back to us for the allotment so it was well travelled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a photo of it being transported, very funny, Mike & two 80+ year olds.

      Delete
  2. Looks great! It's amazing what you can squeeze into a small space. I can see how it would make it possible to do so much more. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to being able to raise more stuff from seed.

      Delete
  3. Lucky you, I'm slightly envious as I don't have a greenhouse! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Flighty, its the 4th greenhouse we have been offered since we started growing our own.

      Delete
  4. Oh you are going to have so much fun with two greenhouses.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.