Friday, 6 July 2012

Sowing brassicas

In an earlier post, i wrote that i would be ordering some vegetable plants to take me through the winter/spring period. I will still be ordering the winter lettuce selection & the oriental packs, along with garlic & shallots.
My partner bought me a magazine last night & one of the free gifts were some cabbage seeds. I knew i had kale seeds & had already sown some psb seeds.I was very reluctant to compost the sprouting psb seeds which i knew i would have to do if i ordered a selection pack. With having such a small space the very max i could have of each variety would be six. 
So i bought some cauliflower seeds to complete my selection.
There was a very brief period between heavy rain showers so i nipped out. The psb was moved to bigger pots, i filled some pots with compost and have now sown cauliflower, kale & cabbage. I shall sow some more cabbage later on in the year to pick as greens next spring.

2 comments:

  1. What about using the unwanted seedlings as microgreens which would make you feel better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ashamed to admit i scoffed them in the garden.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.