Thursday, 5 July 2012

A Stroll Around The Garden.

I do like to stroll around the garden. I like making plans in my head. Due to its size, it doesnt take long but i do find it relaxing. Depending on the time of day, i have a mug of coffee or a glass of Gin & Tonic clutched in my hand.

On the whole i do garden organically. Apart from the odd sprinkle of slug pellets in the greenhouse that is. I do like to encourage the wildlife into the garden. Its not hard, it is not an especially tidy garden & we are surrounded by fields & hedges.

In the mornings the bird feeders are topped up. We have sparrows, dunnocks, goldfinches, greenfinches, the odd chaffinch & bullfinch will also visit. Blackbirds, robins & a thrush, pesky wood pigeons, collared doves & a rather large number of jackdaws.

I also find a slug hunt is very beneficial. Along with a bucket of salty water we have found over 100 slugs over 3 nights alone this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.