Friday, 3 August 2012

A stroll round the garden!

It is lovely & sunny here. I took myself on a little stroll this morning to see what I could find. It is far more pleasant to stroll in the sunshine.

Mark from http://marksvegplot.blogspot.co.uk/ posted about picking & eating the first runner beans of the season. I would just like to prove I do have some. They are just so tiny at the moment.

Look closely!
& again!










I really need to sort out my rhubarb patch. I decided to grow three plants for the following reasons. One to force, one to pick from anyway & one to rest. Unfortunately it appears to be taking over its allotted space.


It may not look huge on this photo but it has already swamped a gooseberry bush. I have picked loads from it this season. When it starts to die back in the autumn I am going to attempt to move them.

Its not all bad news I mean it isn't the end of the world if rhubarb takes over your garden is it! Look what else I found.

  
Blackberries       

7 comments:

  1. Our runners are at about the same stage as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to hear that, it shouldn't be long though before we can both start picking.

      Delete
  2. I'll be lucky to see any runners this year.
    I picked a few blackberries yesterday, but really needed a couple of more days as they were still slightly tart. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish my cooking apples were ready for a proper home made apple & blackberry pie.

      Delete
    2. That, or a crumble, with custard or ice cream is one of my favourite puddings! Flighty xx

      Delete
  3. I'm sure you will be eating Runners when mine are finished, so it'll even out in the end. Your Rhubarb knocks mine into a cocked hat too! Thanks for the mention, by the way - much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do seem to go on forever don't they. Once they start that is. The photo of the rhubarb really does it no justice at all. It is huge.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.