Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Not enough hours in the day!

Ohhhhhh its hard playing catch up. I am trying to plough through your blogs & I am pretty sure I have replied to your comments.

Eldest boy split up with his girlfriend at the weekend. They are only kids well 18 really and both off to uni next month. I expect its for the best & very few tears shed but he's my boy & I wanted to ensure he was ok.
Sorry ramble over.

At the side of the driveway there is a narrow flower bed. A long strip of soil really but flowerbed sounds nicer.  I have some lavender plants nearly ready to go in. In the spring there will be tulips & forget me nots inbetween the lavenders. Summer & autumn will see some nice homegrown (hopefully) bedding plants.


A few weeks a go we emptied the compost bins. We had oodles of lovely free compost. The veg beds were pretty full up so we gave the front garden a treat.

I really have been stretched lately timewise. I haven't really been able to weed. I could see weeds? coming up in the narrow drive bed. It was only today when I had a closer look I realised the vast majority were tomato seedlings. When I say the vast majority I must have pulled up close on 300 tomato seedlings. And also two radish seedlings
Enjoy your day.

10 comments:

  1. It's amzing where tomato seedlings get to - it makes you wonder why they are sometimes so difficult ti get growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, my plum tomatoes still seem tiny.

      Delete
  2. I love it when my tomato seedlings grow and give me a surprise tomato plant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the past, we have left the odd one carry on.

      Delete
  3. Why don't you just start a Tomato plantation? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was either that or seeing this years snapdragons. They were getting a bit swamped!

      Delete
  4. That flower bed should look, and smell, good next year.
    Tomato seedlings seem to grow just about anywhere.
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm quite excited about what plants to put there.

      Delete
  5. That's alot of tomato seedlings! Weeding is one of my tasks at the top of the list this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weeding is always at the top of my list. It tends to stay there unticked.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.