Sunday, 5 August 2012

Pottering in the greenhouse & other items!


 Morning!

It's a grand morning outside, a pleasure to stroll round the garden this morning. Mike was particularly amused to hear of my tale in which I tried to take a photo of a bee. I nearly fell into the borage.I doubt I would have been found again. I'm only small & the borage is huge this year. It really is beautiful this year, I should have taken a photo of that instead.

The photo's above show the results of my pottering in the large greenhouse. Mike assembled the staging for me in the week so I have been busy potting up plants. I have also moved my brassicas undercover to hide them from the dreaded white butterflies.  In all honesty though the sprouting broccoli needs to be planted. I shall get it done this evening. Well thats the plan, we are all off to my sisters for lunch today. There is always tomorrow I suppose.

 If anyone with experience of growing borlotti beans care to look at these two photos please. Do they really start off green & stay green for so long. I have two large troughs & the plants are smothered with beans.




I thought I would have some nice speckled ones by now! Enjoy you day!

7 comments:

  1. I always find it difficult to photograph bees well. My borage has done well too.
    I can't remember what the borlotti bean pods do. I take it that the beans you sowed were speckled brownish-red. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the seeds were speckled, I have checked the pods since & some are starting to take on a speckled tinge.

      Delete
  2. Can't help with the borlottis but I can sympathise with you trying to capture bees on borage. They just flit around so quickly. Also we must have similar minds if you see my today's post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everytime I got close, they would buzz & fly away.

      Delete
  3. I'm always trying to photograph bees, very difficult indeed! They must be camera shy lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they must be shy. I had more fun watching them from the greenhouse.

      Delete
  4. Re Borlotti: Yes, they do remain green for a long time. Have patience, they will turn colour eventually. Being in full sun will improve their colour.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.