Thursday, 30 August 2012

The harvest has started!!

It is so windy outside this morning. It has also been raining on & off, pouring down at times. I had to put the heating on before as the boy was in shock because I made him have a shower.

In between showers I ran outside to pick the runner beans. The vast majority of these will be frozen as this evening we will be having lamb kebabs with wraps & roasted veg. All home made of course. Look at the amount of beans, it half filled the bag I took with me.
I also spotted some courgettes hiding as as I was trying to anchor myself down in the wind. They shall be mixed with red onions, garlic, chilli & sweet peppers for tonights roasted veg.  I also spotted a few raspberries. Rather than leave them on the bush for the birds to eat, I am picking them as I see them & freezing them for a trifle at Christmas. There are loads more to come thankfully.

Today though after preparing the lamb mix for tonight, I shall mostly be doing, -----------











Look at my lovely 'Crochet made easy' set I picked up last night. I knew the supermarket was calling me. Enjoy your day. 

11 comments:

  1. Sounds as though it will be a delicious meal - isn't it great when you can pop outside (whatever the weather) and pick what you are going to eat that evening. It's what veggie growing is all about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a delicious meal, leftovers too, & yes it's great to nip out into the garden to harvest a few items.

      Delete
  2. The start of more beans and courgettes than you know what to do with

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the freezer is filling up nicely.

      Delete
  3. What a sweet little bowl of raspberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been better with an actual little bowl. I think I was a tad optimistic.

      Delete
  4. It's good to be harvesting anything at the moment. Have fun with the crochet! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the crochet is coming along slowly & it is very good to be harvesting.

      Delete
  5. Heating on in August? That tells you all you need to know about our alleged Summer.
    My Runner Beans are having a bit of a rest now, but it looks as if there will be another flush of pods in a week or so. I hope September weather is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been rather warm over the last couple of days so no more heating. I think my beans will be resting soon ( I hope).

      Delete
  6. It has felt like autumn lately (I'm telling myself we still have more Summer to come). I was glancing over your blog posts, and your harvests over the past week or so have been really good. I'm hoping for regular harvests through October at least.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.