Wednesday, 19 September 2012

An update!

It seems like I haven't posted in ages. Time does fly by so quickly without realising . It is something I have thought about often this week as my eldest is off to uni on Friday. Naturally he can't wait for this stage of his life, as his mother I'm not so sure. I'm pleased for him of course but its all new for me.
It struck me yesterday as we were having lunch. The youngest was off school as he was sick. Really sick as he demonstrated on the walk to school yesterday morning & on the walk back home, both before 8:45am. Thankfully the school is close by & he managed to contain most of it untill we got home.
Anyway back to lunch. Mike is nights so the four of us were together yesterday. Mike had upgraded his phone. Personally I dont bother, technology confuses me. I have a blackberry through work & an old moble for personal use. The eldest & Mike were trying to set Mikes new phone up & very amusing it was too, even the ill limpet I had attached to me laughed. It was a lovely family moment for us all seeing as we wont all be together again until December.

Anyway back to this gardening blog of mine. The winds last week blew one of the three cooking apples from the trees.
Lovely isnt it! We picked one of the others & made an apple pie. I have one small bramley left on the tree now.
There has been lots of shopping lately stocking up for this boy of mine starting uni. Mike thought I would spend less money on purchases for myself if he let me lose in the charity shops than John  Lewis silly man!! I spent less in John Lewis.
More tat for my collection.
Also a quick walk around WH Smiths where I had a stroke of the books I want for Christmas, how did I not know Nigel Slater had released a 2nd installment of The Kitchen Diaries, if I had it would have been on my birthday list. Never mind it's something to look forward to. I did find this though greatly reduced.
Right I'm off, hope you are all well & I will try & play catch up. Enjoy your day!


8 comments:

  1. Mobile phones! I have an ancient one as I only want it for- would you believe - phone calls. Martyn has a flash one - but guess who has the one that works when you want to call someone. When I produced it to try and buy a new case the assistant just laughed!! I'm not a technophobe - in fact I probably class as a computer semi geek - but a phone is a phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am stopping my contract as I dont use the phone enough. The assistant is going to replace my sim card & I have warned her not to laugh at my phone & that she will need an old fashioned winder to make it work. It really is an old phone.

      Delete
  2. I am a working professional person, but I too have an "old-fashioned" mobile phone, because Ionly need it for voice conversations nad the occasional text message. It has worked perfectly for the past 6 years, so why would I want to change it???
    Hope your boy gets well soon. And don't worry about the older one going off to Uni. His time there will probably be the best years of his life. Just don't mention, drugs, alcohol, sex etc! It's all part of growing up...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My old phone suits me fine also, the boy is fine thanks though we are keeping him off for the week now as we had a lunch time phone call to pick him up. The older one is chomping at the bit for tomorrow morning to arrive.

      Delete
  3. Shall I tell you a secret - I have an old mobile phone that I have never used - it sits in my handbag for emergencies - touch wood I haven't had one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also have a secret, I struggle to operate my work blackberry, the youngest helps me with it. My personal brick suits me fine.

      Delete
  4. I too have an ancient mobile which I rarely use, and have never, ever sent a text!
    I don't like celebrity chefs but do like Nigel Slater's books. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore Nigel Slater books. I was dragged away from the new one I was stroking!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.