Friday, 5 October 2012

As time goes by!

Another unexpected break from blogging. I have lost the cable to transfer photographs to my laptop. I must have a good search later.

I desperately need to get out in the garden. There is weeding to be done & bulbs to plant. I have raspberries to harvest. The yield from the canes this year has been unbelievable. I have one apple left to harvest.

I have noticed lots & lots of recipes for spiced apple cake/bread lately. This is where my solitary bramley apple will be going into on Sunday afternoon.

I am hoping to get my rhubarb plants moved over the next couple of weeks. They are dying back nicely. They grew like triffids this year & to be honest its nice to see the space I will gain. More dahlias next year me thinks.

My poorly peach tree. Such a disappointment this year. It has grown well & there are a few nice sized fruits on it. Exept the blinking weather we have had. I'm sure if we had a bit more sun I would have had a taste this year. Rock hard they are, still on the tree.

Also my peppers are still green, I'm going to pick them & slice & freeze. I shall use them in fajitas, I cant use green peppers to dip into hummus. Ewwww.
Look at my marrow, its huge now as this photo was taken a couple of weeks ago. Dont know what i'm going to do with it. I dont fancy cooking it, I might make Mike eat it, if that doesn't put him off growing another next year I dont know what will.

Enjoy your week end all, I'm going to be doing what all respectable 39 year old ladies should be doing on Friday evenings. A G&T or two, knitting & some seed catalogues.

10 comments:

  1. I am cooking stuffed marrow tonight, posting the recipe in the near future. Hopefully it will inspire you and not put you off growing marrow next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm I dont know. My marrow when stuffed would feed the street. It really is huge.

      Delete
  2. Marrow is lovely if treated correctly. The other day Jane made a dish of Marrow with fried onion, paprika, and caraway, as an accompaniment to a Hungarian Goulash. It was absolutely lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound nice, however I think I shall weigh & measure the marrow just so everyone can understand the task I am facing. Cinderella could use it instead of a pumpkin.

      Delete
  3. Our peach had quite a few fruits but many of them went rotten with all the damp weather. Just back from the garden centre after buying lots of bulbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is an expensive time of the year with all the lovely bulbs in the garden centre. My peaches have stayed rock hard.

      Delete
  4. Lucky you having so many raspberries - mine have gone on strike this year. I have been busy planting out bulbs this week - looking forward to spring - not that I'm wishing my life away you understand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes I have had oodles of raspberries, I have been very impressed. I think you always seem to wish your life away with this gardening lark. Always looking ahead.

      Delete
  5. There's still plenty going on in your garden I see, and plenty to do as well.
    Lucky you with the raspberries as mine have just about finished now.
    As with so many things this year your peaches needed sunshine which we just didn't get.
    I hope that you enjoyed your evening, and have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny here today flighty if I get a few more days of sun I may be able to harvest a peach or two.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.