Wednesday, 21 November 2012

A crisp Autumn day

I do like to spend time in the garden when the air feels a touch frosty.There was a day last week which was perfect, I opened the french doors & stepped outside. I knew when I could see my breath in front of my eyes I would have an ideal day. I called the under gardener & off we went.

I also managed to plant most of the flower bulbs. Fingers crossed for next year, I should have a mass of tulips, daffodils & crocus. With a smattering of snowdrops. Blimey they were expensive - snowdrop bulbs.They had best come through I'm not buying anymore.

I.have a sneaky plan for next year. http://www.rocketgardens.co.uk/showdetails.asp?id=906. I have looked at the website before now but had never ordered. The packaged gardens never seemed right for me, too big or to get a combination right for me, too expensive.

However when the brochure came through the letterbox the other day, I pounced on it with delight. The new urban constant garden seems ideal for me.

I want to grow a more diverse range of vegetables & with having a small garden it seems to me a waste opening a packet of seeds, when I would only use 4 or 5 out of 80 seeds. Also I love the idea of getting deliveries throughout the year, so after Christmas I am going to order it. Really it would of been the ideal Christmas present for me but A. Mike would never of thought of it, even with me leaving the page open & marked with red & B. he has already bought my presents.It will also give me a chance to finish the front garden & devote a bit more time to sowing flower seeds.

Also with my daydream planning & being a lazy old trout, it may help me plan better. Enjoy your day!

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely blog you have, i love my garden too and can't wait to see all of your bulbs in the spring.
    thank you for entering my giveaway and good luck!
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How very kind, I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

      Delete
  2. I'd still leave the page open and marked ;o)
    Rose H

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is gentle persuasion going on every day here,just a few gentle hints you underdstand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well there is nothing wrong with buying a Christmas gift for yourself.

    I'll be interested to know how your snowdrops grow as I've always planted them in the green (as clumps of growing plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall update as soon as they come through. It is the last time I take Mike bulb shopping, it was his purchase.

      Delete
  5. I like days like that as well. It looks like we've all been busy bulb planting recently and have lots to look forward to in the spring.
    The packaged garden looks to be an interesting concept, and I look forward to seeing what you think of it during next year. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really looking forward to it flighty, hopefully it will be a saving throughout the year.

      Delete
  6. Wouldn't it be nice if all we Garden Bloggers lived near to each other so that we could have Seed Swaps etc? We could divvy up all the packets of seed and have a few each (and probably still lots left over!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.