Friday, 23 November 2012

It's blowing a gale here!

Well it was yesterday, the sun is popping in & out of the clouds today. Hope you are all well where you are.

Popping into the garden early yesterday morning to take a look, at what I wasn't quite sure, the garden is nearly bare. Perhaps it was the ominous grey sky above.

Then I spied the oasis in my garden, my brassica patch, all green & weedy & well a tad dishevelled.

Bad scruffy gardener Joanne - bad scruffy gardener!!

There are plans afoot this weekend. The netting which has to be said has done its job exceedingly well. There were oodles of cabbage whites performing gymnastics at the height of the olympics & not one of the little buggers got through. However, the same could not be said for the slugs. Who naturally took gold this year for the most damage caused! It was rather satisfying to see fat ones getting stuck in the netting holes. They were soon dispatched I can assure you.

Anyway, back to this weekends plans. The netting will be removed & the weeds pulled up, my brassica patch contains, purple sprouting broccoli, cauliflower, cavalo nero & spring greens. I shall be picking some of the cavalo nero for Sunday lunch & a stirfry on Monday evening. The netting will be rearanged neatly & weighed down. That is of course if it is still in place by the time I get out & do it, enjoy your day!

7 comments:

  1. I took a look at my plot this morning. Well soggy. Other plots partly under water.
    Have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear, thats not good, hope you also have a pleasant weekend Flighty.

      Delete
  2. You just don't seem to be able to keep slugs out. They are very resourceful creatures for what amounts to a moving stomach!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Horrid things, I do dislike them. I hope we have a big freeze this winter.

      Delete
  3. gosh, what dedication you have! i am only a fair-weather gardener, not brave at all.
    i has been a good year for the slug!
    thank you so much for your lovely supportive comment. it meant the world to me
    love jooles x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I can assure you I am a fair-weather gardener. The plot has been left to it self due to the weather. Also the majority of my plans stay firmly in my head.

      Delete
  4. It's too wet here to do anything
    I am so tired of being inside
    It's soul destroying

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.