Monday, 7 January 2013

A bargain. Maybe?

Last week we had to visit the supermarket, I had my dad with his white stick linked on my arm trying to steer him in the right direction. The main reason for our visit - my dad wanted a door mat he had heard advertised on the tv. Mike had a basket for the few bits we wanted for the fridge.

Now I wasn't looking in the direction of the little boxes but somehow the yellow sticker caught my eye.
I sent Mike over to investigate further as I struggled on with my dad. Mike caught up with us with eight of the boxes in the basket.

Now for 10p per box I don't mind losing 80p if they fail. I was debating on chucking them in the ground now but on further discussion I'm going to keep them in a suitable place for planting later on in the year. In pots mostly I think. I'm sure they called out to me. Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

  1. If you are going for pots - I'd plant them now. They may not flower but they may keep better. AT 10p a go what have you to lose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes your right, a job for sunday morning I think.

      Delete
  2. A brilliant bargain. I think you'd still get a show if you plant them now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At that price it's worth taking a gamble. It must cost the shop more than 10p to make the sale! I agree with Sue though - if you don't plant them soon they may dry out and become unuseable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have nothing to lose. Sunday morning planting rain or shine.

      Delete
  4. Worth a try at that price. Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a great bargain, I need to hunt out pots now.

      Delete
  5. I planted some allium bulbs that I'd forgotten about in late January last year and they did ok! What a bargain:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, it gives me a tad more confidence that I may get a show this year.

      Delete
  6. Definitely a worthwhile bargain at that price! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I think the yellow stickers were shouting at me.

      Delete
  7. Great price. Fingers crossed they workout for you. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & yes they were a great price.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. I have fingers crossed on both hands, more pickings for inside should they flower.

      Delete
  9. Super bargin no gardener could resist them at that price.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.