Thursday, 10 January 2013

Blinking cold!

It is blinking cold here. I can't get warm at all. Thank god I can put my heating on as required & not have a worry about paying the bill. BG will be doing well out of me this month I tell you. Well out of Mike really, being a manly man he pays all the bills.

 Talking of manly men I have finally agreed for the dividing wall between the kitchen & dining room to be knocked down & to have a kitchen diner. I think thats the word. Anyway it means I have a house full of dust & will do for many months to come as Mike is a perfectionist & will be taking his time. He does however know his limits & will be using a professional plasterer & electrician to do the bits that he can't.

Manly man in action! Wine glass was mine!
Anyway back to this mainly gardening blog of mine. Sunday, depending on the weather I will be planting my bargain bulbs. I say depending on the weather because if it stays as cold as this & the weather reports come true my bags of compost will be frozen.


I will take a proper look at the garden on Sunday as I noticed the tulip bulbs I planted last year have started to poke their way out of the ground. Should I get a good show the bed will be christened the Tulip walk. Just for the spring mind. In the summer it shall be re named The bedding plant on offer at the garden centre walk.

This weekend I shall be mainly making a last minute list from my seed catalogues & trying to escape from the dust. I shall also be posting my seed selections for this years growing. Enjoy your evening!

10 comments:

  1. I know when we had our extension built and when we had work on our kitchen that dust gets everywhere!

    AS for fuel bills I really feel for people who are on low incomes and worry about keeping warm and having enough floor - especially when benefits are being attacked. Not everyone on benefit is a scrounger as the government would have us think. Some are struggling with long term illnesses that means they can't work.

    As for BG this year after being a BG customer for ever we swapped.

    Good luck with the bulbs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I feel for people who struggle to pay their fuel bills also, however I don't squander my heating. I prefer a blanket on my knees.

      Delete
  2. You have a cabinet full of lovely jugs and dishes, just as we have! Hope your Manly Man knows how to pour a decent glass of vino!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I do Mark though Mike would never call my treasures 'lovely jugs & dishes'. Yes he can pour a decent glass, I have trained him well.

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the kitchen diner - will we get to see some pics when its finished? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes your in for the long haul, not only pictures of the finished project but pictures of it in progress.

      Delete
  4. I hate having work done in the house, even decorating one room, the whole house ends up a mess. It will be worth it in the end though. I'm just in the process of switching my gas and electric. We'd been on a fixed deal for a while which has now come to the end so I've found another one. I keep hearing snow being mentioned, I really hope not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in for a load of dust for the next few months, I know the speed Mike works at. We changed a few months ago to paying what ever we use each month. So far it is working well.

      Delete
  5. I don't mind it cold and sunny but not cold and wet which it is this morning.
    My sympathies with the dust and mess but hopefully it'll be worthwhile once done.
    I look forward to seeing your seed selections. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather like being in the garden when it is raining. Not heavy rain I'm not completley mad, seed selections on their way.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.