Thursday, 31 January 2013

I'm a Seedy penpal.

Last year I noticed on a blog (& I am ashamed to say I can't remember which one) something about being a Seedy penpal.

It is run by Carl Legge http://www.carllegge.com/ & there is so much information on his blog about lots of different things. Also there were ideas on preserving chillies which will be ideal for me later on this year. Also lots of different bread recipes. I will be having a go at sourdough bread.

It is run twice a year, the next one will be in July & you will find plenty of infomation on Carl's blog.

The idea is to swap approx 5 packets of seeds. You receive an email at the beginning of the swap. Contained in the email is a spread sheet. This spread sheet contains the details of the person that you will be sending seeds to. You then send an email to this person asking if they have any preferences also their address. Pop your selection in the post & send an email to say they are on the way.

Also on the spreadsheet you will see who is sending seeds to you. You await your email, give your likes/dislikes & wait for your package. All in all - good fun.

I have sent my email to the person I am sending seeds to & have had a response. I will be posting my package in the next few days. I will update you with the seed selection next week sometime.

I have also received my email from the person who is sending me seeds, I replied in mine that I have a small veg patch & I would like flowers for cutting & small flowers for edging my veg beds. I'm really looking forward to receiving my parcel. That will also be another post.

Enjoy your day all!


12 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice idea. An excellent way to get the seeds used that you perhaps won't have room for instead of them going to waste. Can't wait to find out what you receive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yes, I have a good sort through & I know what I am going to post. I also can't wait to see what I get.

      Delete
  2. That's a great idea. It's lovely to get nice surprises through the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was, there is another one in July.

      Delete
  3. That's such a good idea. It'll be interesting to see what seeds you receive. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What happens if you haven't the type of seeds your pal asks for? Do you go out and buy them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is meant to be the same as a seed swap in person. If you wish to buy seed you can do but really it is what you have in stock. Thankfully I do.

      Delete
  5. Have found my way here via the lovely way Jo over at 'The Good Life'. What a great title for a blog :) The seed swap sounds fun - it will be exciting when that package arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello & thank you, yes the seed swap does sound fun, I was a little bit to late for last years.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely idea! Who knows what you might end up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think that is why I like it.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.