Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Plans for the weekend

I shall mostly be sowing seeds on Sunday. I say mostly as I am pretty sure we may be going to visit Mikes family as one of his nieces has a birthday this weekend. Present has been bought & I just need a card, with luck Mike may visit with the boy on Saturday whilst I am in work. This will leave me free to sow seeds & sort out the greenhouse on Sunday - awful person I am.

Greenhouse
A pot/window box each of carrots, salad leaves & radish. I shall be leaving these under cover which if it goes to plan I shall have an earlier harvest. I may even have a bash at some successional sowing & scatter a few more every three weeks.
Spring onion - I shall sprinkle some seeds in small pots I'm after clumps of spring onions as if I had bought them from the supermarket. I hope to plant these straight into the garden after they have started to sprout.
Broad Beans - I will be sowing in pots & when they are big enough I will plant them in the ground.
Sweet peas - I hope beyond hope that I have sweet peas this year. I love cutting them for the house, in 2011 I was cutting them well into October last year they never got beyond 5 inches from the ground.

Propagator
Chillies - I will sow the remainder of my chilli varieties.
Sweet pepper -  I will also sow these. I only want a few plants.
Herbs/Spices - I have some flat leaf parsley seeds to sow, I may also start of some Coriander & Cumin. I need Dill seeds also but I am not allowed anywhere near any establishment selling anything related to gardening. I will be confined to ranks.

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

  1. Looks like you're going to be busy so have fun! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound SO organised...I really need to get myself motivated to get going, but my draughty greenhouse holds no charm for me at the moment.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the beauty of having a blog, I sound organised. Whether I will be is a different thing.

      Delete
  3. You are kicking off with an early start aren't you? We don't sow much - if anything until March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rest of the seeds will be sown in March. I want to get the chillies & peppers started off a bit early. As for the carrots, salad leaves & radish, I read about it in a mag the other day so I'm going to give it a try.

      Delete
  4. I need to get all my seeds sorted out so that I can see what needs sowing. Sounds like you're going to be busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the plan, I might sort the seeds out in sowing order also.

      Delete
  5. If I were you I would dig a tunnel to the nearest garden centre! Being confined to barracks is no fun at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't tempt me, we have a garden centre close by. I wouldn't have to burrow all that far.

      Delete
  6. Broad beans, onions and sweet peas are next for me - the rest will wait till the end of March - good luck with all your plans.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.