Saturday, 23 February 2013

Seedy penpal update

Morning all. look what I received in the post yesterday.

There was a lovely padded envelope on the mat when I arrived home from work last night. Full of seeds, you can't get much better than that. I received from  Carole

Aubergine - Calliope. Cream streaked purple aubergines.
Tomato - Tumbling Tiger. Striped plum shaped tomatoes.
Pak Choi - Red Choi. Red purple leaves which are green underneath.
Strawberry - Sarian. Sweet, juicy large fruits.
Bronze Fennel - Home saved seeds from Wales.
Rainbow Chard- Home saved seeds from Wales.
Aquilegia - Bright red & yellow double. From the Aquilegia collection in Swansea.

I'm very excited & pleased. I shall be sowing the strawberry seeds tomorrow afternoon along with the aquilegia, the aubergine & tomato next month. In April I shall sow the bronze fennel, swiss chard & pak choi. That's the plan anyway.

It has been a lot of fun taking part in the Seedy penpal swap. I shall be signing up again for the July 2013 swap. Seedy penpal July 2013 sign up

Enjoy your day 

16 comments:

  1. Here's hoping that you get some good plants from them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is something else to look forward to this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some interesting seeds there. I haven't come across a striped plum tomato before, though I often grow Tigerella.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nor me, at first I thought they were Tigerella until I read the back of the packet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely little package to find on your doormat. I like the sound of the tomatoes.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And me, 'Prolific crop of striped plum shaped fruits of a juicy flavour'

      Delete
  6. What a great idea for swapping seeds - have fun sowing - now all we need is a bit more warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was too late for the swap last July so I was looking forward to the Feb 2013 swap. I am also looking forward to the warmer weather.

      Delete
  7. Somehow it seems more special growing something from seeds sent to you by a "real person" that you know, rather than from a faceless seed-supply company. The "Tumbling Tiger" tomato does sound interesting. I look forward to seeing how it performs for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Mark, I must say I put a lot of thought into the seeds I sent my partner.

      Delete
  8. Lucky you, that's the kind of mail we'd all like! Have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was lovely to receive them. Hope you have a good weekend too.

      Delete
  9. What lovely post. I love the fact that you have no idea what you are getting. Have fun with them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. hi..follow you & follow me back if you dont mind..

    ReplyDelete
  11. How great to receive your seeds without knowing what you might get...adds more fun to the whole concept. Fingers crossed you get a good germination rate and growing year for them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so pleased that you liked the seeds! I tried to choose some that were both edible and decorative so that they could be planted in with your flowers. Hope they all grow for you, Carole.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.