Monday, 11 March 2013

Little seedlings


Not very good photographs but they were sneakily took yesterday morning before I was frogmarched back into the house.

The above photographs are of my radish & mixed salad leaves which are in the small greenhouse. My hopes of an early harvest appear to be closer. 

The danger of self diagnosis resulted in my 'flu' was actually pneumonia. A course of nearly completed steroids & antibiotics seems to have shifted it.

I was eager to get back into the garden but as Mike was on guard duty after my escape yesterday  there was no chance. However I was happy to curl up on the sofa with my mothers day gifts which included James Wong's Homegrown Revolution. Ohhhh it is a fab book. Lots of ideas to try something different. Along with chocolates, a cookbook & slippers I had a lovely day. Topped off with Mike cooking a lunch of roast beef etc in all it was very relaxing.

The week before I became ill I received in the post some marigold seeds from Mike Rogers at flightys plot. It was a lovely gesture to receive some home saved seeds from another gardener. I shall be sowing them around my fruit trees. I can't wait for summer now.

Happy sowing & hope you all have a good day!

16 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better, it sounds like you've been really poorly. The seedlings will have cheered you up, nothing quite like the start of a new growing season, and of course, a lovely Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike is right to make you behave - hope you are soon on top form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely behave,there is plenty of time to get outside,enjoy the rest while you can and enjoy your book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to read that you've had pneumonia and hope that you get better soon. I see that you got some nice presents yesterday which cheered you up.
    Thanks for the mention, and the lovely card you sent me. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am much better now & am looking forward to seeing your flower seeds grow.

      Delete
  5. Glad you're just about 100% and enjoyed your mothers day too./ I will have to have a look at the book you mentioned as I am intrigued and do like a lot of James Wongs ideas. Nice to see some seeds sprouting, have to admit though I haven't been brave enough to sow anything yet....hopefully not long now though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is brilliant, I have lots of extra ideas.

      Delete
  6. Lucky you, it's lovely to finally see something growing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are up and about soon - nice to see signs of life in the small greenhouse - we could just do with a bit of warmer weather now and we will all feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes a bit of warmer weather will do us all good.

      Delete
  8. Better mind the guard especially if he cooks lovely meals as well. Looking forward to seeing what all you will be growing this year. I just finished cleaning up my seed trays in preparation of planting, but need to tidy up the greenhouse as there is no room for trays with all that is over-wintered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, I need it to warm up a bit more so I can plant my over wintered stuff.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.