Wednesday, 8 May 2013

A bit of colour

A bit garish I know & how I managed to mix up pastel & bright bulbs - well I have no idea. But they do make a lovely display in the front garden.

I'm not too keen on the shapes but it is the first time I have managed to grow tulips so I am rather proud.

I shall be having a good look through the garden brochures later on in the year to pick some more bulbs.

I think I shall go for a mixture of pinks from light to deep & plant with some forget me knots. I do enjoy that combination.

The ones you see above will be dug up once the leaves start to die back & stored in a safe place to be planted again in the year, where I plan to put them in pots.

Enjoy your day

12 comments:

  1. I tend to buy bulbs then promptly forget about them and they don't get planted. I made an effort last year and have been rewarded this year with some lovely displays, it's so worth making that effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some forgotten ones, I'm hoping they are going to survive. I have a plan in my mind of what I want there now, so will be having a good luck at bulbs later on this year.

      Delete
  2. They look very nice! Very warm and colourful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look nice, I was just after a more tulip shaped bulb.

      Delete
  3. Awww....I think they look lovely and bright, I do love colour and often mix things up accidentally.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are in a long narrow bed & look far nicer there than my photograph allows.

      Delete
  4. I find the double ones usually take ages to open but the colour combination still looks bright and cheerful. Very often for me tulips don't come back a second year so I always seem to be buying new ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its my first year of growing tulips & I think the weather delayed the opening too.

      Delete
  5. They look good, but I much prefer single colours rather than a mix. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going for single colours this year Flighty, in a depth of shades.

      Delete
  6. Lovely and bright. Tulips are so colourful. I find the more fancy, double ones are less likely to come back each year. The single, simple ones tend to be more reliable in my garden. I cant remember the name but the ones that look like raspberry ripple ice cream have returned year after year. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't pay too much attention when making my selection. I have seen the raspberry ripple ones, I shall look out for them this year.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.