Wednesday, 15 May 2013

A seedy pen pal update

I thought it was about time for another seedy pen pal update. As I have posted before I joined in with a Seedy pen pal swap over at Carl Legges blog.

I have sown all but one packet of the seeds I received. I have yet to sow a purple leaved Pak Choi but I plan on doing this over the weekend in a couple of troughs.

Some strawberry seedlings. I received a packet of strawberry seeds 'Sarian'. I think I shall have to wait until next year for fruit though.
 I also received a packet of Aquilegia seeds. A red & yellow double variety,
also some bronze fennel seedlings. The aquilegia & bronze fennel will be planted in the same bed when they & the bed is ready.

I also received some tumbling tiger cherry tomato & aubergine seeds both of which need to be in their final pots. Another job for the weekend I think.
Enjoy your day


14 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to swap seeds. It seems like a good way to get varieties you might not otherwise have grown.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was huge fun to receive a parcel in the post of seeds someone had taken the time to pick for you.

      Delete
  2. Just so you are pre-warned the bronze fennel will produce very long strong tap roots making a mature plant difficult to uproot and it does grow very big so make sure wherever you put it you will want it to stay or remove it before it grows too big

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it probably wont be planted until next year but I do have the ideal spot for it. Just need the bed to be extended first.

      Delete
  3. I have just had a look at Carl's blog and am now about to make some potato soda bread with cheese, garlic and thyme. Then I will make some leek and potato soup to have with it. All your seedlings look healthy. I grew wild strawberries from seed a few years ago and used them as edging plants, makes weeding a tasty job at times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good blog, lots of lovely things to make.

      Delete
  4. How lovely to see the tiny strawberries! Lovely.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, took an age to germinate though.

      Delete
  5. Good to see that you're still busy sowing seeds. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never ending job Flighty, it is a never ending job.

      Delete
  6. I shall be interested to see how your Pak Choi do. I've never tried growing them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did once in the ground but the slugs feasted on them, a trough it will be from now on.

      Delete
  7. I found your wonderful blog last night through Sue from Our new life in the country and I am excited to say that I have just signed up for the seedy penpals too, which I found through your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a great thing to do...I often have seeds that I am not going to use and I hate the thought of wasting them. Glad to see they are all progressing well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.