Saturday, 11 May 2013

Decisions, Decisions

Now we have a new wall/fence between the garden & the next door neighbors garden I have had a few decisions to make.

Mike has always wanted to extend out into the garden. Now we have knocked through the kitchen & dining room (still a work in progress) Mike wants a small inside seating area. There is a little space outside the french doors & it is only a little space as he knows he wont get any of the garden.The plan is either a small extension or conservatory, big enough for a corner sofa & a small table.
 I had though he had forgotten about his plan as I had my own ideas for the space. I have read that you can grow a Mulberry quite successfully in a large enough pot. My plan was to have a Mulberry in a large pot in the middle of the fence with my Pear trees either side with a couple of nice chairs in front for relaxing in. I now need a change of plan.
I would rather like some chickens & am fast running out of space, not that I have a lot of space to run out of.  So my latest plan is to get rid of the small greenhouse, I've already found someone who will take it & my chicken run can go there. I shall then have enough space at the side to place the Mulberry & Pear trees. The small greenhouse will be going around about August. Just in time for my birthday in September where an ideal present from Mike will be a Mulberry tree. All it takes is a bit of thought.
Enjoy your day

7 comments:

  1. If you had a small conservatory couldn't you negotiate having seeds raised in there at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could & have a lemon tree in there also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a conservatory built on to the back of the house when we extended, but I don't get to use it as a sitting room as it houses a table tennis table. Where did I go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A mulberry tree, some chickens...whatever next!? Lots to think about and decisions to make by the look of it. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. However big or small our gardens, they're always just too small for all the plans we have for them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my previous house we had a conservatory built, and it was supposed to be for sitting-out in. However, it was too hot in Summer and too cold in Winter (for humans, that is), so it became a place for growing tomatoes and chillies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think with a little gentle persuasion you can have exactly what you want, having said that a small conservatory with orange and lemon trees growing in it would be lovely on those sunny winter days!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.