Wednesday, 29 May 2013

Ready for the summer

The large greenhouse had been filled with plants ready for the summer, the small greenhouse also has a few too.
Tomatoes in place. I normally grow them in tubs but Mike spotted these watering trays so we are giving them a go instead. So this year in the greenhouse I have three San Marzano & three Moneymaker tomatoes. Outside I have taken a chance & planted three Gardeners Delight & the cherry tomatoes have been planted round the fruit trees. 
One of the new watering tray things. They are made by Hozelock & you place the grow bag on top quite firmly so the spiky things pierces the bottom. The water is drawn up into the soil around the roots by capillary action by the looks of it. 
Aubergines &  a rather small sweet pointy pepper plant. Also I have courgettes & pumpkins ready to go outside. 

Normal sweet peppers & some more small pointy peppers.

and either side of my large potting up table are the chilli plants. You will also be able to make out my sweetcorn in toilet roll tubes & a selection of salad seedlings in the centre. I have taken out some of the wooden slats to give a bit more light. 

Enjoy your day

18 comments:

  1. Our plot greenhouse still needs tidying - we keep everything in the garden greenhouse until either planting out or transferring tomatoes to the plot house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine looks lovely & clean now. It's surprising how much they fill up with junk during the winter.

      Delete
  2. "Ready for the Summer". Ha! What Summer? It had better start soon, otherwise our plants will not have time to mature before it's Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just giving the Summer plenty of time to start Mark. If it doesn't I think I shall have to invest in a poly tunnel to cover the plot next year instead.

      Delete
  3. Oh how I envy your greenhouse. I have been trying to save for one for about 2 years now but life and unexpected bills keep getting in the way. You veg are looking lovely and healthy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was free, I think I would be saving still too.

      Delete
  4. The tomato watering trays look interesting, hope they work well. Lots going on, hope we get some more sun soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they will work too, I had to stop Mike from buying another.

      Delete
  5. Everything is looking very green and healthy in your greenhouse. I look forward to seeing how you get on with the watering trays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed they are looking rather good so far.

      Delete
  6. The watering thingy looks great! We use drip irrigation, but water that is drawn up on demand is a much better solution. I've also taken a chance with some outside tomatoes this year, we shall see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they work, they seem to be doing ok so far.

      Delete
  7. The tomato watering system looks interesting hope you give us an update at the end of the season.I also use a drip irrigation system which comes off my water butts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall be giving a few updates over the growing season. If they do well I shall be investing in a third.

      Delete
  8. That watering contraption does look the business!!!

    I must say your greenhouse looks far more organized than mine. I have plants crammed into every nook and cranny and still need more room.

    Everything is growing beautifully there!xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has only been that organized since the weekend I can assure you.

      Delete
  9. Oh wow- I'll be curious to read how the tomato planters work out. Very curious! I'm very jealous of and love looking at your greenhouse pics. Such a nice feature.

    KK

    www.preppypinkcrocodile.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This post title made me smile as I think that we're now all well ready for summer!
    It's all looking good and it'll be interesting to see how they all fare.
    Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.