Saturday, 18 May 2013

Veg on the move

Thank you all so much for your comments on my chicken post. It was particularly touching after an extremely stressful day in work when quite frankly I felt I didn't have the motivation to log on to read your blogs or to see if anyone had commented on my return home.

I'm so glad I did after reading your comments I quite happily passed the drinks cupboard & left the gin where it was & skipped into the garden. Well I say skipped I'm knocking on 40  with what feels like a dodgy hip but you get the jist I'm sure.

Look what lovely things I found in the garden -
The first of the runner beans germinating. The pointy leaved one not the other two seedlings which will be dispatched this weekend. 

Broad bean flowers. I just love the scent, I would quite happily put these  flowers in a vase, its just that I love the actual beans just that little bit more. 

My purple podded mange-tout has put on quite a bit of growth, I hope to be tying these in soon.


The greenhouse was also checked for slugs & trapped bumble bees. None to be found, the plants didn't need any watering so I stroked the tomato leaves & inhaled the scent for a few minutes before I joined the boy for pizza & cherry coke. The only thing that is annoying me now is that some dipstick has parked straight across my driveway, I have yet to find where the driver is so I can get the car moved before Mike returns home.                                                                      Enjoy your day

14 comments:

  1. Slowly but surely everything is taking off - it would be nice to get a bit of warm weather though. I am reluctant to plant anything out yet but may have to to save me having to pot everything on. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has got very chilly again lately. The plants I have moved outside seem to be ok so far.

      Delete
  2. At less than 40 skipping is a must - I still do it and I'm much older than you!

    Hope you gave the dipstick what for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He escaped before I could catch him, no aches & pains today so I can skip again.

      Delete
  3. Its nothing to do with age, as I am 31 and find myself not up to skipping (mainly due to large bosom) but everyday now again brings back the child in me :)

    I cant believe you have flowers on your broad beans, jealous.com but my husband did come inside just to tell me that he has flowers forming on his tomatoes.

    I understand the frustration of people parking where they shouldn't as we get it a lot when the church opposite has a service, people block our drive and park on an area we have had lined with private parking.

    Have a good weekend
    Mrs C x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plants are still quite small so it was a shock to see the flowers & my tomatoes need planting in their growing pots. No flowers on them for a while yet I think.

      Delete
  4. Everything seems to be taking off at the moment, though they probably wish they could tuck themselves back up with the weather we've got today. I've got tiny beans on my broad beans now, not long to go until the first harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the harvest will be quicker when the weather warms up.

      Delete
  5. Your beans in flower look wonderful, mine are about the same height but no flowers yet, I don't think the cold weather helps.

    How inconsiderate of someone to block your drive. I live next door to a school and it's never happened to me.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very chilly, I'm sure mine should be taller by now. They were parked straight across the drive, blocked it off completely. I was more frustrated that I couldn't see which house they had gone to.

      Delete
  6. I think that my broad beans have stalled and need some sunshine and warmth.
    Have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping for some sunshine for my beans to grow taller now.

      Delete
  7. Glad that your blog managed to give you a lift and that all your seed are coming on nicely. It's so nice to see things starting to come to life and know that soon we will be reaping our rewards!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had been away for a few days again so was pleased to see the progress of my plot.Glad you are pleased with yours

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.