Saturday, 1 June 2013

A bit of fun

We spent bank holiday Monday at my brothers who conveniently lives next door to my mum & dad. Nothing fancy just a BBQ & a few drinks. I was happily relaxing with my knitting later on in the afternoon enjoying the view. It was while I was gazing at the field I noticed the size difference between my brothers shed & my dads. It tickled me greatly so I had to take a photo -
My brothers shed is 6 ft by 4 ft just to give you an idea of the scale, also my dads huge monstrosity is also a lot larger than you can see as it is L shaped.

Finally one of next doors chickens was having a rummage in their front garden, as they quite often do. This time however it hopped into my garden. I promise I didn't kidnap it! They have kept chickens for years & when Harry was small they had a particularly tame group of them. Harry being three at the time (he is twelve this year) & it being pre veg garden had a large trampoline in the back garden. I shall have to dig out the photographs that we took of him trying to pick the chickens up & putting them on the trampoline to bounce with him, I'm saving them for his wedding reception really.
Please do excuse the weeds it has been raining rather heavily you know! Enjoy your day.

8 comments:

  1. A post about sheds and chickens is guaranteed to make me smile. Enjoy the weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So does your dad live in the shed when he has done something wrong at home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could live quite comfortably in your Dad's shed. The comparison made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first photo is a good example of One-Upmanship! Or "Shed Envy".

    ReplyDelete
  5. How funny, I wonder if your brother will build a bigger one now?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Little and large of the shed world.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your brothers shed certainly looks like a bit dropped off!! Glad you enjoyed your bank holiday. it was nice that we had the weather for it!!

    Your comment about the photos for your sons wedding made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, just popped in to say hello after finding your blog just by chance. I will definately be coming back. Looking forward to hear more about your chicken plans. I kept four dwarf cochin a couple of years back. Really fun. All the best from Pam in Norway

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.