Wednesday, 12 June 2013

Sometimes life just gets in the way

Flaming heck I've been busy. Work, work, work & more work, kids & family. Just the general day to day stuff, just a lot more of it. Sometimes I rue the day when I turned down Mikes kind offer of me becoming a 'housewife' as he put it. Not often though as I have worked incredibly hard & put up with a lot to work in the position I am now. Also it is helping to pay for uni boy, who is home for the summer, even though I have to pay half rent for the summer term he is not there. Stupid boy, I cant tell you how often I told him to read the small print when he was organizing with his group of friends a house to share for their second year. And breathe, back to my gardening blog.
It was my sisters birthday last week, so she had some extra cash on which to splurge on unnecessary items. My sister has a fairly long narrow garden which contains grass & a shed. Well it did until we popped to a local store & she found this plastic greenhouse thingy you see above. I have donated two cucumber, one tomato (she had bought two), chilli, sweet pepper, a couple of strawberry & potato pots to start her off & gave her some seeds. She now has carrots, peas, runner beans, green beans, salad leaves, spring onions & radish in pots & a pear tree. She has asked Mike to build her a couple of raised beds in the autumn ready for next year. Her husband is useless at diy & quite freely admits it & she is getting some chickens. My brother in law was really keen on the idea of chickens as his parents used to keep them when he was a child. It took me years to get Mike to even think of the idea.

Back to my plot, I have fruit on the trees & bushes, teeny weeny baby courgettes & cucumbers, flowers on the early potatoes & tomatoes, pods forming on the broad beans so all in all the garden is looking good.




Enjoy your day

12 comments:

  1. You have been busy! Good to see that things in your garden are doing well. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed I have & I am so pleased with my garden.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like your sister has certainly caught the bug!! I can't believe you already have squash forming...maybe I should cross my fingers and take a closer look at my plants on my next visit!!

    Hope life soon lets you catch your breath...I know exactly how you feel though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only planted them out on Monday, they had been cosseted in the greenhouse until then, I think that had something to do with it as they are quite big plants already.

      Delete
  3. It is looking good. Nice to see that the tomato watering system is working well too.

    Love the chair in front of your sister's greenhouse - who was supervisor?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased with the tomato watering system, it really is very good. The chair came in very useful that day.

      Delete
  4. It's all looking great. It's so worth all the hard work when you can see it eventually starting to pay off. Won't be long now until the harvests are coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, not long now. I'm looking forward to some fresh courgettes.

      Delete
  5. Despite being busy, your plot looks great and it seems like your first harvests will be here soon. Its nice to get someone else into growing their own, I'm sure they'll be bitten by the bug soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to hear it when someone has caught the grow your own bug xx your patch is really starting to flourish and I bet you can almost taste your harvest xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sister is lucky to have you and hubby to help her, she certainly has made a good start

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plot looks to be bursting with veg seedlings! I'm so cautious about spacings - maybe I should just follow your example.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.