Tuesday, 9 July 2013

A little haul

My word its warm. I'm not complaining the garden is galloping away with itself, it is just so warm. The garden is just about in full production mode, though some things are a little way off. I'm still waiting for the turnips, the strawberries are taking forever to ripen, I have chillies on the plants but the sweet peppers still only have some flower buds.. I have harvested my black currents, the red & white ones are very nearly ripe too.

Anyway back to my little haul, for dinner on Monday evening Mike & I had a vegetable stir-fry with some pickings from the garden.

Above picked from my tiny garden, a red onion, carrots, pak-choi, a green courgette & some purple podded mange tout & very tasty it all was too.

Enjoy your day

9 comments:

  1. Strangly our redcurrants have ripened before the blackcurrants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My redcurrants are just about ripe, I shall have to harvest them before the blackbirds do. The blackcurrants are living in the freezer until I can turn them into jam & cassis.

      Delete
  2. That's a good harvest. Bet it was tasty. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening is so rewarding

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year has been extremely rewarding with the harvests so far.

      Delete
  4. It's looking good.
    Do the purple podded mange tout keep their colour after cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that you must have a late variety of strawberry, but I'm sure that they'll be worth the wait.
    The haul might have been little but so worthwhile! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that#'s a good haul. I am nowhere near to harvest most of those things yet...the currants are about done though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.