Saturday, 3 August 2013

A manic day

I have lettuce plants that are desperate to be planted  & the job was meant to be done yesterday. However my dad was rushed off to hospital yesterday morning. Whilst he is unlikely to pop his clogs (sorry the only delicate way I could think of typing my thoughts) he is a lot sicker than the doctors first thought.

My poor greenhouse was left shut tight yesterday & all the pots un-watered, I was completely whacked on our return from the hospital last night so after a bite to eat I went to bed.

The garden was sorted this morning though I still have the lettuce to plant.

I am back in work next week so between that & my dad blog posting maybe a little sporadic, even though I do have the tendency to be a sporadic blogger anyway.

Also blogger seems to be playing up today & I am struggling to open some of your blogs to comment. I shall try & do that later.

.

9 comments:

  1. I sympathise. That is just the situation I have had all this past week. I hope your Dad gets better soon. Fortunately my wife Jane is much better now and is back home with me, but I'm still doing the "nursing" - which includes cooking of course (not that I mind!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear your news. This type of situation tend to drain anyone however resilient they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do hope your Dad gets better soon. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. An anxious time isn't it when a loved one is ill especially when they are in hospital and you wear yourself out visiting. The blog won't go anywhere and any problem in the garden can be mended just look after yourself and concentrate on priorities!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your dad will be ok. Mine has been ill too, but I think he's beginning to mend
    I'm having trouble with blogger too, can't even make a post, just a title.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry to read about your dad, and hope that he recovers soon.
    Take care, Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your father soon feels better take care from linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear you dad is ill, I do hope he recovers very soon. And try not to run yourself too ragged!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry to hear about your Pa. I hope he mends soon, sometimes the plants have to wait as real life takes priority. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.