Thursday, 15 August 2013

Creatures

Morning lovely people, look at this little chap I snapped crawling up the wall of the house the other day.
I shall have to have a google or look in some books to see what it will turn into. We have spotted several of these hairy little chaps over the last few weeks. I would love to know what it will turn into - butterfly or moth?

It certainly seems well protected from predators with all that hair, not that I'm expecting it to taste at all that nice.

Enjoy your day

7 comments:

  1. I've seen several dark, hairy caterpillars on the plot this week but, annoyingly, I haven't been able to positively identify them. I hope that you have better luck with yours. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather hard to identify them & I am trying very hard.

      Delete
  2. I found one that looks very much like this and emailed this photo to wildlife insight for identification and asked if it was a White Ermine moth. They said it probably was although they would need to see whether the head was black to be positive and said it was sometime confused for Buff Ermine, Ruby Tiger and Water Ermine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, hope you find out what it turns in to, then we can all find out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a hairy chap, no idea what he is though, I'm not very good with identifying caterpillars, except for the cabbage white.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks lovely and furry but I struggle with identification.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.