Friday, 11 October 2013

A poorly neglected garden

What an absolute age since last blogged. September has passed by and we are nearly half way through October.

Running round after a sick father has proved to be completely impracticable with having a full time job, a family and a veg garden to look after. After being admitted to hospital again (dad, not me) my brother has finally decided to step up and help out a bit more. Which has been an absolute godsend as both my parents are extremely difficult people who putting it mildly don't really like each other.

My poor little garden has been severely neglected and is very overgrown and really really needs a good chopping back. Due to the lack of time I have been able to devote to the garden one of the pear trees looks a bit iffy and the peach tree may be on its last legs.

Never mind there is always next year, no photographs this time as I have lost the cable again which is a shame as I did manage to harvest a lovely crop of coriander seeds.

Anyway that's me for now and will be blogging again soon.

19 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you, but sorry to hear that your dad has been poorly again. Our gardens have to take a back seat at times like these, but I'm sure you'll be back on top of it again in no time. Sending my very best wishes for your dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is what it is & needs dealing with. I am quite thank full for the gardening season coming to an end so I can catch up with clearing the beds.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the family troubles. Hope things will get better soon - and your Dad of course! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to your Dad. Take care of yourself too now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your dad. Like you said there's always next year with the garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & yes it will be nice to make new plans.

      Delete
  5. Sorry that you are having such a hard time but I'm glad you ave some support. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the support is there, thank fully.

      Delete
  6. It's good to see you posting again, even though it's a tale of woe. I hope that your dad is on the mend soon, and as for the garden I'm sure that the wildlife has appreciated it.
    Take care, Flighty. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the wildlife seem very happy with it.

      Delete
  7. Hope your Dad is feeling better. I know how draining it can be to care for a family member, pleased to hear your Brother is stepping up now.
    Make sure you have a little me time to unwind though.
    Look after yourself too.
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & yes it is draining in away you cant appreciate until you find yourself in it.

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear it's been a difficult time for you and your family. Hope your Dad is well again soon. If the garden is being put on hold, as you've said, you can always come back to it next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am hoping for lots of lovely compost next year.

      Delete
  9. Hope things calm down for you soon, with winter on the way though the garden is one less thing to worry about. Hope your Dad is OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am hoping for a good layer of snow to cover it.

      Delete
  10. Sorry that you are having such a difficult time, I hope things settle down soon. Its so much harder if you don't have full support so glad your family are helping out now. You'll catch up with your garden eventually and it will be slowing down anyway now. Cherish your time with your family but as Rose says above, make some time for yourself too. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.