Monday, 25 November 2013

I'm back I think

My laptop went kaput a few weeks back which explains my missing posts and comments. Luckily as it was my company laptop I have been given a nice spangley new one to replace it. Which is very nice of course but they have provided me with the latest model. My technical limitations are well known in the office & I am sure this proper posh laptop with a touch screen was purchased for someone else. I am battling through but as yet I am unable to transfer photo's off my old laptop onto this nice new one. So you will have to bare with me on the photo front for a while.

In my absence from blogging I have been trying to tame the garden & I am getting there slowly. A few weeks back I managed to salvage when cutting back some coriander which had gone to seed. Really I should have put the bunch into a paper bag to dry. Truth be told I left it in a mixing bowl & placed it to one side in the dining room. I kept on stealing a look every time I passed by but time ran away with me.

So yesterday with a few minutes to spare I set about trying to remove the berries. A thankless task I tell you, they looked nice & brown like the ones in the spice aisle, stubborn little things though, it took me ages. My mood was not improved further when I caught a nettle that must have been cut with the bunch. After my labour I was impressed by my nearly full jar of coriander seeds. Definitely going to do the same next year & am also going to try cumin seeds too, we love a curry here so they will come in very useful. It will also make a nice talking point & I think I may try some fenugreek too.

Have a nice day

8 comments:

  1. I'd been wondering if you were okay. It's good to see that you've done some gardening in between times.
    Thanks, and you too. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try saving coriander seeds - I look forward to knowing whether yours work.

    My nightmare is losing all my thousands of photos in my computer blows up so I save them all onto an external hard disk too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to have you back, glad your computer is sorted.
    Isn't it wonderful to collect and use seeds that have been home grown.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back. Hope you master the new laptop soon, I'm challenged too when it comes to anything of a technical nature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you back on the "circuit" again! I grew some Coriander for seed last year, but I mustn't have dried it properly because it wnt mouldy before I was able to use it. What a waste!
    Like Sue, I secure my photos on an external hard-drive, but most of them are also uploaded to free Picasa web albums.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know you got almost a full jar of seeds! Good luck with your new laptop.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't say I'm a coriander lover so you can keep those but cumin I may have a go at...now just to know what to grow!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.