Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Merry Christmas & other bits & bats.

Just popping on to wish you all a nearly belated Merry Christmas, I do hope you all have a lovely day. It is a great shame to read of the awful weather conditions some people are experiencing so close to Christmas.

I know you have all posted Merry Christmas messages on your blogs & I haven't left any comments. I have been in work the last couple of days & cant really log onto a blog there. I am working today also but have logged on at home.

Mike is currently wrestling the turkey & ham into the oven, that is a bit of a white lie as I am blessed with a huge range cooker so could in fact wrestle the whole lanes in if need be. He was actually trying to wrestle both meats into roasting tins. The effect is the same.

Due to the issues with my dad lately & him being in hospital & me only having Christmas day off this year Mike has been left with most of the responsibility for Christmas.

Needless to say he is writing out Christmas cards as I type, I have nothing fizzy to drink tomorrow morning & no quality streets. Who on earth heard of a Christmas without quality streets! More importantly we are all safe & secure, we have plenty of food & everyone has presents. It isn't a whinge it really isn't I know I am blessed to be in the position I am in, it is more of one of those things to talk about in years to come. Family trivia if you like. He also forgot to buy presents for our godson & his siblings so that made a shopping trip necessary last night.

2013 has just been such a unique year for us & one I don't really want repeated, it topped it off nicely last night when returning to the car in the hospital car park after visiting my dad & finding another car directly in the back of Mikes. A 30 minutes wait for the owner to return, a sight I wont forget is that poor man pointing his keyring in the direction of where he thought his car was & then suddenly seeing it in the back of ours.

No major damage but some work is necessary, so Mike is also having fun sorting that out too this morning.

Truth be told Mike is now driving me mad, he is asking the names of people in the lane to write their cards out. Roll on 5pm so I can pour a gin, I really don't think I can wait that long.

Enjoy your Christmas xx

14 comments:

  1. Despite all that I hope that you have a Merry Christmas! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did thank you I hope you had a nice day too.

      Delete
  2. These are things you'll laugh about in time. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they will, stored away safely for the future. I hope you had a great day.

      Delete
  3. A shock for all concerned. Note to driver - leave car in gear!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the poor man, the image of his face will stay with me forever.

      Delete
  4. Eek, what a shock. Anyway, I wish you all a very merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a great day, no major damage done so it was ok.

      Delete
  5. Hope it all comes together in the end, keep snug and warm. Merry Christmas and here's hoping for a better New year for you all xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you had a lovely day, onwards & upwards & all that.

      Delete
  6. It's 5.15... I hope the gin is kicking in!
    Have a really lovely day tomorrow and I truly hope that 2014 is a better year for you all. Take care, Jessica x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be a better year & the gin had kicked in well before that.

      Delete
  7. Don't worrry Jo, it can only get better, surely! Glad to see that you are making the best of it though. In comparison I have few problems - even though Jane will be in a different country from me for the whole holiday (helping look after the new baby). I'm lucky enough to have another daughter nearby, with whom I'll be spending the day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will get better Mark, I will be making sure of that. I hope you had a lovely day & Jane will return soon.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.