Thursday, 19 December 2013

On a roll & a bit of fun

It has been yonks since I posted so many times over a matter of days & I'm rather enjoying myself. In between perusing sites for veggie things to grow next year I remembered Victoriana Nursery . They do such a wide selection of plants & everything seems to be a reasonable price. I have never ordered from them before though I have looked at the site often. Upon searching yesterday I cam upon these rather fun looking things -

Cauliflower Plant 'Cut 'n' Come Again'

Image of Cauliflower Cc



Brassica oleracea 'Nine Star Perennial'

  • Excellent flavour.
  • Custard yellow in colour.
  • Tennis ball size caulis.


Supplied as compost block grown plants.






Anyone have any experience? You have to order five of them which is a little too much for the space I have. I do however want to turn the front garden into a wildlife friendly space next year & these are ideal  for wildlife so I could put two or three there for that purpose. Naturally the ones for the wildlife wouldn't need to be netted, the ones for me will be as secure as Fort Knox.  The fruit bed also contains asparagus & globe artichokes so these would fit into the perennial theme quite well. 
They also do a selection of mixed sprouting broccoli & cabbage plants which I also may order, I think that would suit me down to the ground. 
Onto the fun thing, I have seen this on a few blogs over the last couple of days & it has tickled me immensely, I love all things Christmas & currently live in a house that looks like a sweet shop has exploded, I cant tell you how thrilled I am to have my own Elf name, I am also taking it into work tomorrow to find out everyone else's.

I am now known as Puddin Pickle-Pants - enjoy your day.

Elf-Name-Generator








They


17 comments:

  1. Oh no ...... I'm Elvis McJingles, I much prefer yours :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Elvis Peppermint My husband is Twinkle Angel Pants which I think suits me better.so I think we'll swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its fun isn't it, the boys think Mikes name as Twinkle Monkey-Buns is the best thing ever.

      Delete
  3. Pudding Peppermint. Hmm - doesn't quite have the same ring to it as some of the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can get a little jealous looking at all of the possible combinations.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I'm Puddin Pickle-Pants too. I've heard lots of people mention Victoriana Nursery and mention plants they've bought from there, it sounds a good place to buy from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, & both called Jo too. I'm going to place an order, I do like the mixtures, they will be ideal for my small plot.

      Delete
  5. I'm Twinkle Sparkly-Toes! There is a lovely blogger who uses the name Princess Fairy Toes. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Elvis Plum-Pants married to Jingle McJingle!! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just. I am almost tempted to have a new name plate made for my office door.

      Delete
  7. I recommend Victoriana Nursery. Stephen Shirley, who runs it with his family, is also the "owner" of the UK Veg Gardeners forum. I have bought a few things from him and they have been good. He is also very generous with freebies and donating prizes for competitions, and a jolly good bloke all round!
    I don't think I will advertise my Elf name too widely: Twinkle Plum-pants!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Puddin Pickle-Pants married to Merry Pickle-Pants!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sugarplum Peppermint married to Jingle Toe-Bells

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.