Saturday, 25 January 2014

Conversation

I wasn't going to do a blog post today. As I was on the computer replying to comments on my blog & leaving comments on others, I thought I would just pop this on.

We don't do new years resolutions as such but Mike has a terrible habit of blanking me when I talk about the garden or he will comment on my seed stash. We talked about this at the beginning of the year & he agreed to show a touch more interest. After all he enjoys giving away my harvests.

This morning Mike was watching some sporty thing on the TV. I was looking at the list of seeds I ordered yesterday & I asked Mike if he wished to know what I had for this year. Instead of the standard 'Do I need to' he gave a weak smile & replied with an " Oh right, ok then".

As I rattled away with my long list I stole a glance at Mike who was doing his best to keep one eye on the sports & the other on me. It tickled me greatly.

While the going is good I may insist on a garden centre visit today.

Enjoy your day.

19 comments:

  1. So, did you respond by commenting on the football then??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark it wasn't football I can't think what it was but it definitely wasn't football.

      Delete
  2. Good point Mark, my hubby is the same, but he's always on his computer, go for the garden centre, but I always go the his section first, sheds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a sneaky trip, he has expressed an interest in a sprouter. I could leave him there & look at more useful things for me.

      Delete
  3. Mick often looks at me while I'm talking to him, but he has a glazed look and I can tell he's listening past me and tuning in to the tv. I always catch him out and ask him to repeat what I've just said. I have to admit that he does have some lucky guesses sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, they could be twins. I was going to try and catch him out this morning but I felt too kind.

      Delete
  4. You obviously need to pick the right time for such conversations! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do try my hardest, before he goes fishing is the best time.

      Delete
  5. How funny, I know I must never interrupt if the Formula 1 is on which is normally the time I choose to talk about everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, same here, I don't bother asking anything if Man u, welsh rugby or the F1 is on tv. I would get nowhere.

      Delete
  6. F1? Nothing ever happens in F1 races these days! Watching seeds grow is more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite agree. Unfortunately I have no seeds sown right now.

      Delete
  7. It's now Saturday evening.....did you get to the GC and more importantly, if you did, what did you buy?
    I don't have an OH to have these conversations with but my mother (she stays with me) does just the same job ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are going today instead & hopefully it will be some seed potatoes. My mum also has a glazed expression when I talk to her about the garden.

      Delete
  8. I don't talk to mine about anything I'm interested in. Unfortunately it's not reciprocated! Hope you managed to get that trip to the garden centre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going today (Sunday) & it is bucketing down. o it will be an indoor stroll.

      Delete
  9. Got to make the most of an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol...sounds just like my Hubby...I am definitely the only gardener in our household!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.