Tuesday, 25 February 2014

I'm hoping for more of this

I'm trying to think positive thoughts. My sweet peas & chillies have gone unsown as Mike has the compost in the boot of his car. He bought it on Sunday & forgot to take it out. The problem being is he is away until tomorrow evening. Pfft!

On the off chance he will be home this evening I have a stew type thing in the slow cooker. Chicken, chorizo & butterbeans should you be interested. It is smelling rather lovely & making me hungry.

I have been extremely well behaved & not purchased anything. I give Mike a list at the weekend to go to the supermarket as I knew I would be distracted by things I'm not supposed to be buying. I am also ignoring the offers in my inbox. Also & I am so pleased with this one, I ignored a rather fabulous looking plant stall at the market we passed on Saturday on the way to the opticians. In fact I ignored it twice as we had to walk past it on our way back to the car park!

So instead of a photograph or two of my propagator & sweet peas I give you this old one. In three months time I'm hoping the garden will again look like this. Slightly different due to crop rotation of course! Also the fences should be painted, the washing line removed as Mike wants one of those twirly ones. Why I don't know, he never uses the thing & I shall have some nice new wool to knit while sitting in me green house.

Enjoy your day







26 comments:

  1. You are showing restraint! Good way of getting out of the supermarket shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous way to get out of food shopping!

      Delete
  2. It must be torture having to pass a plant stall without even looking. Still, you'd be sure to see something you want if you even glanced so at least you're playing it safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awful, they had snowdrops in pots for a £. I was most disappointed.

      Delete
  3. You didn't even look at the plant stall ... you are either very, very good or totally mad.

    Love the view, just think not long now until things look like that again, although looking out of my window at the moment I think the veggies will be sailing past the upstairs window in a boat if things don't improve!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did my swivel head thing & gasped twice, once on the way the other on the way back. The weather isn't that bad here all the time, it will brighten up for you soon!

      Delete
  4. Well done for not buying those things! At this time of year, with spring coming, I definitely have to keep away from plants etc, as I'm so tempted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm planning on not going anywhere this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post Joanne and well done for not getting anything of those lovely plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, it was very hard especially when I noticed the snowdrops.

      Delete
  6. Those inbox offers are so sneaky. They seem to know exactly what it is you want to buy..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, free delivery on books & some rather lovely beaded wool. Most peeved!

      Delete
  7. I'm very impressed with your self-control! A beautiful picture of your garden, not long now until spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in shock actually, I'm in for more testing times ahead I fear & thank you.

      Delete
  8. You're 'pffting' again, but well done! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am & will be for a good few weeks yet. Thank you xx

      Delete
  9. Well done you! That's what I call willpower.....although it's early days! Roll on spring when you can enjoy wool, plants and gin!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I can't wait. Spring can't be that far away now!

      Delete
  10. Great self control!!! Your garden in that shot is just fantastic!!! SO lush and green! A wonderful week to you! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you on both counts! Same to you.

      Delete
  11. I love your raised beds. Brick edging look so natural. I want to make raised bed with brick edging, but we avoid permanent beds for so many reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Endah. The beds are actually raised out of wood, decking boards if I remember correctly. I put the bricks there to make it look nicer.

      Delete
  12. Ooh Joanne, am excited at the thought of summer and freshly picked veggies from my garden! Doesn't take a lot these days to get me going ...

    Thanks for visiting yesterday, was lovely to 'see' you!

    Love Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely it can only be round the corner now. I'm going to start seed sowing in earnest at the weekend. My pleasure!

      Delete
  13. Hi Joanne, Welcome to my blog. It is always such a pick me up to see a new follower on the list. I can see you are my kind of gal. i'm desperate to get my sweetpeas in too. I have discovered some new varieties I want to try so I'm extra gung ho this year. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you are doing very well. Your picture looks lovely and makes me long for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.