Saturday, 1 March 2014

Flowers!

Well I don't quite know what happened with Mike last night, whether he forgot he already had a bunch in his hand or a minor brain storm but he arrived home with not one but two bunches of flowers!


I'm waiting for the neighbours to start knocking on the door & to ask if someone has died!

He bought a bunch of tulips which I love & a posh mixed bunch. In fact I know what happened, he picked up the mixed bunch first & then spotted the tulips. Knowing Mike as I do I can imagine him weighing up the options & thinking bother it I will get her two!

I read a magazine article a while back (years) I can't remember who by, anyway the article had a small piece which went along the lines of 'When your husband returns from work, don't nag him bring him a drink a small snack & ask about his day'. Obviously something from the middle of last century, I work full time too & in an equally stressful job if not more! I've always strived for a happy household so I put the events of my day aside until later on in the evening & do the above with Mike. Hand on heart it works & bringing your wife flowers once a month also works too! Especially if you get her two bunches, though I did point out to Mike that being a proud Welshman the posh bunch should have been daffs!

Mike cast a glance at the bag of seed compost I had left in the hall, this was after the flowers last night. 'For crying out loud woman, were you sat in the hall potting up or whatever you do'? 'Of course not darling, whatever gave you that idea, the bag was too heavy for me to drag outside, sit yourself down & I shall fetch you a drink. How was your day?' I'm a bad person I know I am, enjoy your day!

23 comments:

  1. Lucky you, I'm lucky to get one bunch bought, never mind two. I don't mind though, I buy them myself instead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very new thing I can assure you, I was right about why I had two bunches I asked him yesterday!

      Delete
  2. Lucky you, the tulips look really nice. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do like tulips. I hate cutting them from the garden so I'm always happy to receive a bunch.

      Delete
  3. Nice to get flowers we go shopping together so I suppose we both buy them but I get to choose, This week freesias and carnations. Did Mike see the slippers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tend to shop together too, Mike called into the shop on his way home from work. Freesias & carnations sound lovely, I think I will drop hints for them next time. I'm sure Mike just sees a sea of colour! Ha, no thankfully they were dry by the time he came home.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to get two bunches in one go and they do look pretty....now I'll try that aaproach with hubs and see if it works!xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does work especially with a smile on your face. Then again I get the raised eyebrow look if I smile too much with a 'How much'!

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha....you do make me laugh!xxx

      Delete
  5. That's one area when indecisiveness has worked in your favour! Btw, love your red spotty jug! I want one! Great use of psychology but is there anything wrong with potting up indoors? It's what hoovers were made for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I can;t see me getting two bunches again! It is lovely isn't it, the ideal vessel for tulips. It was a Christmas present from my sister several years back.

      Delete
  6. Lucky you, it must be lovely to get flowers and have someone to carry your bags of compost for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Did you ever see "Last of the Summer Wine"? Which lady was it who used to cover the kitchen floor with newspaper before she would let her husband come indoors? (He was a car-maintenance enthusiast, as I recall).

    Being married to a "comper" makes life different in many ways. Jane has just won herself a bunch of flowers delivered every month for a year. The first one arrived this week, and is really great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edie Pegden was one of my very favourite characters, I enjoy watching all the old comedy's in fact I prefer them to much of the rubbish on the TV now! In fact Mike has said if I ever learn to drive he will buy me a similar car as he is sure we will have a similar driving style. That's a lovely prize for Jane to win, I have seen companies offer this, is it one of those that offer seasonal British flowers?

      Delete
  8. Beautiful! Especially the tulips, we can grow here, so we have to import them, of course the cut flowers are too expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home grown British flowers are very expensive here, imported ones are cheaper, I'm planning on growing more flowers for cutting the only problem is I hate to cut them once they are ready.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful flowers - and two bunches in one go, that's practically a whole year's worth of flower buying in this house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm pretty sure prior to the above bunches that Mike has bought be a total of five bunches in all the time we have been together!

      Delete
  10. Hi Joanne, I love it when I come across a great blog via a comment left on my blog. Thanks for your gardening tip. Much appreciated. I'm learning how to sew too and wish I was a whizz at crochet, I shall learn though. Have decided it is going to be my winter sport of choice. Having a nosey round your blog and just love it. Elaina xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bless your heart Elaina thank you! I hope it works for you apparently the enzymes in the milk eat away at the mildew, I'm new at all crafty stuff & making a granny square I find is the easiest way to learn crocheting.

      Delete
  11. Two bunches of flowers!!! Lucky you!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  12. The only flowers I get are the ones I buy ;) but I don't mind :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.