Sunday, 23 March 2014

Morning

Please forgive my absence, I hadn't planned to be away for so long. A shockingly busy week at work leading up to an away meeting on Friday has been at the root of lack of posts.

The meeting which involved at getting up at stupid 0'clock in the morning to attend the meeting on time with the hope of returning to the office approx 7pm that night led to us being caught up in a motorway shut down after a three car crash. We were in that jam for approx five hours. The glass of wine Mike poured for me on my return home was most welcome along with the box of chocolates he placed with it.

Yesterday saw me playing catch up at work, leaving early with my sister on a planned visit to my dad saw me receiving a phone call when we were in eye view of his care home. We were told he was in an ambulance outside. Sure enough upon pulling into the car park there was the ambulance! Have you ever tried getting into a closed up ambulance, most perplexing I can tell you. The nice matron in charge helped me. I went with my dad with my sister following by car. he is now suffering from kidney failure, it isn't as shocking as it sounds & he is hoping to be back at his beloved care home today.

Last nights late return home saw me drinking a glass of weak squash.I truly didn't have the energy for a glass of wine. next to my glass there was a bag of prawn crackers??????? Mike & Harry had treated themselves to a Chinese in my absence.

I truly haven't had any time what so ever to spend in the garden last week. In fact I have barely had time to water my seedlings so have no new photos. However I am pleased to report I can see greenery in the greenhouse so things are looking positive. Also Mike is on his five day break & has promised to take me compost shopping tomorrow. I am planning to pot up my potatoes & sow a couple of pots of carrots.

I shall leave you now with the image of a big burly lorry driver at the Clinique counter in Boots. I had run out of moisturiser & sent Mike to get me some. Clinique are currently running an offer which is you receive a tin with samples if you buy two or more products. I giggled greatly on Friday evening as Mike told me he went through most of the products on display with the assistant to make sure he bought the correct second one so he could get the free tin for me.

I shall really try & catch up with you blog posts today I am currently making my way through two blueberry muffins & a cafetiere full of nice coffee, I've really missed posting last week.

Enjoy your day

21 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear your dad has been unwell, I do hope that he is feeling better soon. It sounds like you've had a really hectic week. Hope you enjoy those blueberry muffins, you certainly deserve them. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, that is a good man you have there. Wine, chocolates, compost shopping and solo tackling of the Clinique counter at Boots. I didn't even know such men existed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't worry too much about erratic posting, Jo. Blogging is supposed to be a hobby that you enjoy, not an imposition, so it has to take second place to "Real Life"!
    Sounds as if you have had a nightmare week - but also that you are getting some good support from your OH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary seeing that ambulance!You have had a tough time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We all have "bad hair" times and you just have to prioritse, I would have loved to have been in Boots although my late husband would have thought nothing of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your dad is feeling better and next week comes at a slower pace. I love to see the seedlings popping through the soil, spring is the best season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a week! Have a lovely relaxing day today Jo, and happy compost shopping. It's good to have a big burly assistant with you to do the humping (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course your forgiven, and I agree with what Mark says. I hope that your dad gets better soon as that's a worry you certainly don't need.
    Take care, and happy gardening, Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking of you and the family and praying your dad will soon be feeling better soon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yikes, a week to knock you sideways. I hope your Dad is safely tucked up back at the care home. Perhaps only another gardener could understand the restorative benefits of compost shopping. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you're glad that week is now behind you! So pleased to hear that your Dad is doing better, love that his care home is 'beloved' - that's good to hear - I have elderly parents and may well have to cross that particular bridge at some point! Seems the week ahead is looking better with a bit of shopping/ gardening involved - wishing you a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes we just haven't got enough energy to deal with the reality... Hopefully it will all find its balance again...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you have a good man there. I do hope your Dad is getting better now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope that your dad is doing ok friend...you have had a week! I am so glad that you were greeted with wine and chocolate! Happy compost shopping and a wonderful week to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope this week is much kinder to you, and that your dad is feeling himself again soon. I loved the boots story :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sorry that your week has not been so great, I hope that your Dad is by now back to his home and doing better. Mike sounds like a real treasure, how lovely that he took such care with your skincare purchase, those are the things that make such a huge difference in life aren't they. I hope that this week will be much better for you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear you've had such a difficult week and I hope you're dad is feeling OK now. Hope this week is so much better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What you do in the garden during a week of not having any time whatsoever is waaaay more than I've managed in a good long while! I'm hoping by reading your blog I'm going to absorb some of your gardening skill and get going again!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear that you've had a trying week, let's hope that this one is much better. I hope that your Dad is on the road to recovery and that he's now out of hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Blimey what a week. I hope things improve for you soon. I did enjoy the image of Mike though.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hope this coming week is a better one for you and do hope your dad's condition improves.
    Read back on your blog, it was lovely to read of your gardening experiences, and every gardener needs lots of seeds!!
    Happy gardening
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  21. At least you were only absent for a week, I have managed to do some blog posts but this is the first time this month that I have managed to find time to sit down and read through the blogs I love. Oh well, at least spring is here and the days are getting longer and warmer. Hope your Dad is OK.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.