Tuesday, 15 April 2014

A crochet ta-dah & a ta

I did pre warn you lovely garden only bloggers yesterday, also the title of this post states crochet not plant bits & pieces :)


 My crochet blanket ta-dah. Now I cut down on the amount of squares I needed to make considerably. It would have taken me yonks to complete if I hadn't. I think I suit smaller projects better which will explain the un-finished cardigan I still have to knit the sleeves for.

It is ever so cosy on my lap, I need the extra warmth you see even in the sunshine we have at the moment. I will be out in the garden shortly with my lined garden jacket on!

It was made out of cheap acrylic yarn & probably only cost me about £4 to make. Now I don't know about you crafty people out there but I prefer using acrylic wool for crochet blankets & cushions but I prefer to knit with quality wool.

Anyway onto my ta -
I'm off this week so have oodles of exra time, I don't do time off well, I am still attached to my blackberry & need to make a work call later. However, I have started to crochet some cushion covers to make use of some of that time off. Mike & the boys are rather worried to say the least!

I'm off to play catch up on your blogs, enjoy your day

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love it, pretty color...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lap blanket Jo, perfect spring colours.
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm rather pleased with how it has turned out & is the perfect size for me.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely blanket!! Love the colours and the size of your squares too. Hope that you have fun keeping yourself busy this week with your crochet and whatever else you are getting up to!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the garden has been weeded into an inch of it's life. Surprising what a week off in nice weather can do.

      Delete
  4. Your blanket is lovely. I must admit, I like to have a large project on the go, but I usually have smaller things going on along side it. Have a great week off, it looks like the weather's going to play ball for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I like the idea of a larger project on the go with a few little ones along side it. I think I will have to purchase a larger bag to carry them all.

      Delete
  5. Your crocheting will have kept you out of mischief if nothing else and the results are lovely. Acrylic is great from the washing aspect but I do like a little wool content if it's for warmth. Everyone has their preference don't they and at the end of it all it's what works for you. I have a friend who only uses 100% wool which must be a nightmare when it comes to washing it. In my house everything has to be able to go through the washing machine if not the tumble dryer.:-) Enjoy the rest of your time off and tell your family not to worry normal service will resume next week once your back at work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does Mitzi. I have visions of my blankets being used in the future by little people so yes they have to be washable.

      Delete
  6. Well aren’t you the multi talented gardener, very lovely work. Enjoy your time at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha bless you Doc, you are most kind. Thank you.

      Delete
  7. I'm definitely envying you your week off! Love the little blanket, well done for getting it finished. I was also inspired by Attic 24 and started a blanket, probably a couple of years ago (!) and I reckon it's one quarter finished - or would make a couple of nice cushion covers! Have a lovely week off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been glorious & the garden weeded thoroughly. I like that blog too, so many lovely items!

      Delete
  8. Fantastic crochet. I'm thinking of trying to learn how to crochet squares, I love the idea of using lots of different colours. I hope you have a lovely week off, don't work too hard! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, try granny squares on youtube. A fantastic site, I have books but would never have been able to teach myself with out actually seeing it in action.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I could there's an idea! I'm pretty sure I spotted a pattern the other day too.

      Delete
  10. Very nice :-)

    As for the 'Ta' ... how long will we have to wait for the 'Da' ... not that I'm rushing you of course ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Help...........someones stolen the gardening blog! Very pretty and very clever x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.