Wednesday, 14 May 2014

Ten random things

I've seen this before on some blogs in the past & have noticed it again lately. In particular here & here .
My sample fair isle square - 

& more importantly - the back!
So here are my ten random things -

1) My current favourite sandwich is cheese & pickle with red onion & lettuce. I noticed a jar of pickle          ( Branstons small cut ) in the fridge yesterday morning. I spent the morning craving a cheese & pickle sandwich for lunch. I must say it was a very early lunch & extremely nice. I'm having the same today!

2) I am a terrible procrastinator, I think about doing things for far longer than is necessary instead of just getting on with it! Housework is a good example.

3) My nickname in work is the Judge or Justice, I don't procrastinate in work.

4) I like the idea of meal planning but I never get round to it, I cook from scratch & never use ready meals. If I made more of an effort to meal plan there would be less rushing around wondering what to have for dinner!A bottle of sun dried tomato pesto has been a life saver on more than one occasion

5) I prefer wearing dresses, although I have jeans on at present!

6) Monday - Friday Mike & I have the same breakfast on the go, affectionately nicknamed sludge. It is porridge, banana & dried prunes cooked in water (5 mins in the microwave). It is left to go cold & then blended together with a splash of soya milk. Poured in one of those sports type drinking beakers it does the trick!

7)  I have a very unhealthy wool, fabric & plant buying addiction. I am at present wondering how many deliveries I can get away with next week - it is pay day on Friday!

8) I adore vintage jewellery & most days I wear a triple strand of pearls & a sparkly brooch!

9) I am in desperate need of a hair cut, it has gone way past a trim! I must make an appointment for Monday morning. For the record I am a brunette & normally sport a bob style cut.

10) I am stupidly excited that I have managed to knit a Fair Isle square. I was most disappointed when I realised I didn't have the  correct sized circular needles for my scarf thing so & have ordered some.

Right that's me - what about you

37 comments:

  1. What a shame, I really want to make my own hand knitting blanket, but I could't knit yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Endah it is easy to pick up once you get started, there are some great tutorials on youtube.

      Delete
  2. My whole life seems random these days, I never know what each day will bring. Love your random things :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, doesn't it just! Thanks I enjoyed writing them.

      Delete
  3. I like your random things but I especially like your fair isle square. Pink and yellow are one of my favourite colour combos ever. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Don't the c,ours look fabulous together! I'm thinking of buying some more wool in those shades for a cardigan.

      Delete
  4. Now you've got me yearning for a cheese and pickle sandwich, but I'm not allowed as I'm trying (yet again) to lose some weight. I too am in need of a haircut, I hate going to the hairdressers so I only have my hair cut a couple of times a year. I'm trying to hang on until just before my holiday. Love the fair isle square, you've picked that up quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can't beat a nice cheese & pickle sandwich, it had been ages since I last had one & now I have had three in two days. My hair really does need a cut I need to stop hacking at my fringe! Thanks I'm surprised how quickly I did, I'm really looking forward to making the cowl now.

      Delete
  5. congrats on mastering the fair isle, will be looking for progress on the scarf now.
    Random my whole life is random will give it some thought for my blog later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will be starting once my needle arrives, I think a weekly update will be fun. I thought of many more randoms!

      Delete
  6. These random things have painted a very pretty picture of you! Vintage jewelry, pretty dresses & dashing about trying to make dinner out of pickles & sun dried tomatoes ;) I too procrastinate, and I think it's my biggest fault ... I didn't get my hair cut for a whole year, and just went last week :D Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha thanks, I forgot to add my hair is scraped back in a pony tale (un washed) and I am wearing yesterdays cardigan. It could possibly a year since I had my hair cut, hence the pony tale, which is my friend!

      Delete
  7. PS LOVE!! the fair isle ... thanks for showing the back (which is something I always love seeing with this type of knitting) ... very neat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it, I can't tell you how ridiculously happy I was.

      Delete
  8. I'm bowing in reverence at the Fair Isle!.
    I got my hair cut on Monday..it's done every four weeks.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I used to be an every six weeker. It is shocking how much I have lapsed!

      Delete
  9. It's always nice to find out a bit more about blog friends. I like cheese and Branston small chunk sandwiches as well, but think that I'd give your breakfast a miss. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is yes, my current fav, so much so I have run out of cheese so have to buy some more. I have yet to convert anyone to it, I have tried!

      Delete
  10. So great to see your knitting, it looks very good! I am impressed! Hope that your parcels all arrive and that you can get on with your cowl! Lovely to read your randoms and learn a bit more about you. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, there are a couple of minor mistakes but I am really pleased with it. I've enjoyed the random posts. I think each of them have been unique but I like the way we can identify with them.

      Delete
  11. I adore knitting and love a bit of Fair Isle. Is it just me or does your knitting remind anyone else of Battenburg cake? Or maybe it's all the talk about yummy sandwiches that's started me off.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does have a Battenburg look to it doesn't it! It is based on a design square named Rhubarb & Custard. More food!

      Delete
  12. Love your 10 random things and as for the Fair Isle knitting - I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you & to be honest I'm a little in awe of my square too. I keep on stroking it.

      Delete
  13. When we were first married I would sit down and plan a whole week's menu for the month!! Nothing could be repeated during that month Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like quite an achievement!

      Delete
  14. Great random things! Well done writing them up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I could have gone on & on.

      Delete
  15. Love these random posts, I'm trying to come up with some! Your sandwich sounds like my littlest boy's favourite thing. He is SO in love with Branston. He'd happily have just pickle in a sandwich. I like the idea of meal planning too, but like you, I've never got around to it. No ready meals here either, but a few fast pasta dishes! Brilliant Fair Isle square, clever you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of my favourites as a child too. Sounds like a good idea which I never put into practise. Thank you, I keep on stroking it.

      Delete
  16. Your square is beautiful! As are all of your facts about you...after reading this I realized that we have a lot in common!!!! HA! I have been sneaking in plants here and there....I can so relate to this addiction! And like you I probably should meal plan....would make life so much easier for sure! I really enjoyed your post friend! A wonderful weekend to you! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both! I am running out of space fast for more sneaky plants. You are such a sweet person, have a great weekend.

      Delete
  17. Now I am craving a cheese sandwich with brantone pickles;) fun reading the facts about you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I will be having another one today & thank you.

      Delete
  18. The fair isle is lovely. As for procrastination, I can relate!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, terrible isn't it, I am trying to motivate myself more. Not that it is working much!

      Delete
  19. I love your randomness! I need a haircut as well but I don't like going, they're hot and smelly and cost a lot of pennies :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.