Thursday, 10 July 2014

Trying to catch up

Goodness I feel so shockingly behind at times, this being one of them. I'm struggling at the moment to even log on to do a blog post, I tend to read most of your blogs during quieter periods when I am in the office hence no comments. I do promise myself that I will log on when I am at home to comment but then time passes by & I'm ready for bed! I have threatened Mike that unless he starts to help out more round the house that he can fork out for a cleaner. The reply I got was why don't you drop your hours at work or give it up, the reply I gave to Mike consisted of several words I won't repeat on here ending with why don't you give your job up!!!!!

Anyway no one wants to hear of my bad time management, I am trying my very hardest to blog at least twice a week from now on. The weather has been so lovely this year sun, sun sun, rain, sun, sun, sun rain. Just ideal for the garden where everything is flourishing! I want to keep a record of it, I'm even struggling to find the time to photograph the garden too which is a shame as I have a glorious red coloured hollyhock sprung up from nowhere. It really is lovely, I shall try & save some seeds from it when it is time.




Some of the harvests from the garden, we have also had patty pan squash, lettuce, radish & tender stem broccoli oh & some mange-toute. The strawberries have been poor this year as most of them died over winter. My fault for using one of those strawberry barrels, a huge mistake. It is currently holding some trailing geraniums! I have been busy pegging down runners to increase my strawberry stock for next year. Black currants & red/white currants have been harvested & frozen. I shall make some blackcurrant jam once I find the time & the red/white currants will be used to make some chilli jam/sauce type thing once the chillies are ready, phew!

The boy has requested a crochet blanket to take back to uni with him in September.He has asked for a fairly large blanket so I am going to make some larger granny squares for quickness & join them together. I have a cardigan on the go, a ripple crochet blanket for me or I will have once I get the hang of rippling! Also several projects for the big C which will be happening later on this year. Oh I also cut out the pieces for a skirt I want to make, she says confidently having not used a sewing machine since she was 11 & the sewing machine Mike bought her a couple of years back has not long been taken out of its box.

I do know I am the source of all my problems & that you cannot do it all, right I'm off after my slight whine to catch up & comment on your lovely blogs. As always have a great day xx


21 comments:

  1. Remember to stop and smell the metaphorical roses along the way! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely produce from your garden and it sounds as if you are going to be very busy with your crafting too. Remember a bit of time in there for yourself too
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much to take care of Jo, and a garden that, although something to be very proud of, does take a lot of time and effort to manage well so, be good to yourself and take each day as it comes - blogging doesn't have to send you ragged, just do it when you feel like it and can enjoy it! Wishing you happy days, xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is crazy here too...but I would feel better if I could taste those potatoes,they look tantalising!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crikey woman, no wonder you are knackered at the end of a day like that! I am knitting L a blanket for his bed, but knitting is always my winter activity so he knows he's going to have to wait a while for it. Hopefully, he won't need it till January :-)
    Love all your garden produce, it looks so delicious. I must start thinking about chutneys and chilli sauces. M is growing a tonne of chillies this year and we have cucumbers coming out of our ears too!
    ps- I would just get on and hire the cleaner....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne, I feel the same and have just decided to cut my working hours down. Hopefully I'll have enough to live on!! What with blog, work, garden, family, ageing parents and college - notice how I left housework and ironing out of that list? - it all makes me want to go and live in the woods. I've seriously considered giving up the blog but, you know, six years is a long time to be writing, can't give up now! So, when you find the secret of time management, please please let me know!! And good luck with the blanket for your boy to take to uni. Mine's off to Leeds in September but hasn't made any requests yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel your pain, or at least your whine. I don't know where time goes these days. I have re-prioristied my to-do list this morning. It's on my computer and virtually everything had gone red! But that activity in itself was therapeutic, we can't do everything in our busy lives, some of it has to wait.
    Harvest from the 'plot' is looking good, take care Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should enjoy blogging so don't tie yourself down to doing two posts a week if you know that you may not be able to do that. With everything else that has to be done in life it's a wonder at times that we get to blog at all.
    Anyway I sympathise. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we are all guilty of trying to pack too much in! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like all ready been said Jo I fill the same and I am home all day you do a wonderful job in every thing you do just take it one day at a time I doubt if I have a blog ready for tomorrow been trying to sort out my sewing machine the embroidery for W I next week and it not finished have a blessed day

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great harvest! Love the fresh beans.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice harvest and good luck with the time management

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure it's nothing to do with your time management but more to do with what we've probably all fallen victim to at times, trying to fit too much into 24 hours. Didn't someone say 'Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of leaving things undone'? It's good to have lots of ticks on the to do list but also good to have some time doing absolutely nothing.
    Well done on all of that growing. The only things flourishing in the garden here are slugs and snails!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read a post yesterday about Hollyhocks and today while walking the dogs I saw loads of them in peoples gardens, they have shot up over night I'm sure.

    We seem to run out of time as well and I have Arizona tumble weed roaming free around the house x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Man your veggies look outstanding!!! And I hear you on keeping up!! It is hard enough without blogging and then throw that in and there is no time! HA! Good luck with the blanket...I think that is so sweet that he wants one! My goal is to learn how to make one before my beans go off! Happy end of week to you!! Enjoy that garden lady! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I know exactly what you mean, there is a chronic lack of time here too, it's driving me bananas. I NEED MORE TIME. Do let me know if you find the answer to it all. I'm working up to a crochet blanket as well. Your harvest is looking very good. I'm especially envious of the cucumber, I'm hopeless at cucumbers. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't know where the time goes. By the time I sit down in the evenings to read blogs and relax with a book or TV show, I'm too tired to really enjoy it! I hope life settles down for you. Your harvest is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Only just got round to reading this post - due to lack of time! For health reasons I now work a 4-day week, which helps a lot with maintaining a decent Work-Life balance, and it allows me more time to enjoy gardening and blogging. I usually write several blogposts at the weekend, for publication the following week. Think long-term and look forward to when your kids leave home permanently, which will give you more time for your self... :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. A wonderful crop of vegetables, such a lovely feeling to eat your own produce.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Much as I love blogging I have had a few days away from the laptop. I am reading back through the posts that i have missed but i do not have a garden full of produce and flowers to show for my time, and I do not have the pressure of work. What I do have is the pleasure in my mind of a few days lotus eating, enjoying walking Ben, smelling the flower gardens and soaking up the sun. Meeting new people and playing with my crochet and sewing. I am now feeling as though I have just had a couple of weeks on holiday. Lovely. Enjoy what you can do and forget what you can not. As for the language, well we all like to vent our ire at times, at least I do.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your hoobies and things to do/accomplish is as long as mine!! It really is about time they switched things around and made a weekend 5 days and a work week 2...we might just manage to fit everything in then..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.