Friday, 18 July 2014

What's a girl to do

I find myself ill again which is rather strange as I feel fine. If it wasn't for Mike being off yesterday I wouldn't have visited the Doctor Surgery. It was less of a visit more of a frog march!

I have, yet again pneumonia & as it is recurrent in an otherwise healthy person I have to go for a chest x-ray on Monday. I also have an inhaler & a course of antibiotics to get through. The Dr also prescribed rest & Mike growled when I told the Dr I had a meeting to go to (I really don't feel ill) anyway to appease Mike & the Dr I took yesterday & today off work.

So what's a girl to do when this opportunity presents, I persuaded the lovely Mike to take me to Abakhan as I needed some white cotton to make this -

Its a quilt from the new QuiltNow mag which I subscribed to several weeks back, the postman delivered the first copy last Saturday & I was rather taken with this design.

We arrived at Abakhan & I noticed they had two barrels of fabric rolls outside the entrance to the fabric part. I normally ignore these but a roll of fabric caught my eye so naturally we had to investigate.

My shockingly bad photography skills really cant show you just how lovely this fabric is, there was also a roll of a cream fabric there which I thought would be suitable for quilt backings so we picked that one up too! The fabric roll in the photo was £5 & the cream one was priced at £2.50 & each roll contained over 5 meters each! Along with the white cotton fabric I went for & a sneaky wool purchase we returned home after lunch.

So today I will be found cutting these into squares & drinking tea, as always enjoy your day xx

29 comments:

  1. What a great find, a girl can never have too much fabric, and do as the doctor orders rest a great excuse to sit with your feet up and sew. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some lovely patterns to your fabrics. Hope you are soon back to full health but in the meantime take things a little easy...although you don't feel ill you could make things worse if you do too much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bargain! As Dawn says you can never have too much fabric
    Look after yourself
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never resist a bargain and I'm with the others you can never have too much fabric or yarn. You really should take things easy and get back to full strength. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As they say, every cloud has a silver lining. Enjoy your cutting out and cuppas (and it really shouldn't get more energetic than that!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rest up and get well soon Joanne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope you're all better soon. That fabric is lovely, and what an incredible bargain. Take care of yourself, rest and relaxation all the way until you're fit again. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope things are sorted out for you and you are soon back firing on all cylinders.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish you the best with the X-rays on Monday, Jo; better to check it out and have peace of mind, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Great bargains you found and lots of good encouragement there to put your feet up, relax, and allow the healing process to take place. xoJoy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you get better soon, but in the meanwhile 'happy sewing'.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you get well soon, lots of things to keep you occupied.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Goodness, that doesn't sound very nice. Hope it shifts soon and that you get to the bottom of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your fabrics are lovely, and I hope that a little quilting helps to occupy you while you are getting better. Take care of yourself won't you! No rushing around like a mad thing!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hope your on the mend soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh pneumonia...how horrid. Good luck with the x ray on Monday and have a lovely, restful weekend. I'm rather envious of your plans to play with that lovely fabric. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do hope you are feeling better, it's horrible to be unwell in the summer. Enjoy your extra time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sorry you are unwell again. Hopefully the antibiotics do their work and you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear you have pneumonia. Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fingers crossed that you r health issues are sorted soon. Those rolls were a great buy, I recognise some of your fabrics, I like it when I see someone using the same patterns as me. Enjoy the time off and the sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful selection of fabrics you have there! And that design is stunning!!! Happy making and I hope that you are feeling better next week!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those fabrics are simply exquisite! Now you take it easy and get better soon....even if you don't feel ill you need to take good care of you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope you feel better soon, Joanne. I'm sorry to hear you're so sick. Enjoy your time off and relax as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful quilt design, I have never seen one like that before. Hope the X rays bring positive news. maybe the problems are recurring because you're immune system is low rather than it being anything serious. Take it easy till you know (easier said than done I know).


    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Take the need to rest seriously, please Joanne. I was once in the same situation you are in now, and ended up with a bout of pneumonia that tried to kill me and that was followed by years with ME. Just like you I initially carried on as normal and boy did I regret it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you're feeling better soon. Is there no end to your talents? All that beautiful knitting and crocheting and now quilting, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pneumonia, gosh that's serious. Please rest and get better! Like you, I am terrible at stopping and resting, and I know all too well the temptation to keeping going. That quilt looks very nice indeed. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Well that's what I call good timing! Illness without feeling ill (I hope that the x-rays went well and you're on the mend), a new magazine to read and a bargain at the fabric shop. Some time off was meant to be Joanne - and I hope we'll see the quilt when it's done, you have some lovely fabrics there. C x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh dear, be sure to heed Mike and the Drs advice and rest up and enjoy your quilting. I've yet to discover quilting although I have a book a friend brought me and a rotary cutter tool thing!

    Angela - Garden Tea Cakes and Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.