Friday, 12 September 2014

I'm back!!

I had visions of entering autumn with some plum jam to have on my toast or even scones.  As I have had such little time over the last couple of months to dedicate to anything other than work or the  boys I couldn't keep an eye on Mike in the garden. Mike has eaten all of the plums off the tree leaving me with no jam!

My lovely work colleague has had his heart op & is due to return to work next month, I don't know who is looking forward to his return more, me or him, I will be able to days off each week & take weeks off too!

Anyway positive thoughts, I'm still on one day off a week as its the only way I know in my mind that work can be kept on a controllable level for me. But that's my choice & more importantly helps keep the stress levels down.

Mike is taking Rob back to uni today, I can't believe he is starting his third year already. The time has absolutely flown by & he has loved every minute of it, I truly cannot believe he will be graduating next year!

I managed to complete his blanket for uni & he loved it. It's blinking huge, far bigger than I thought it would be but as Rob is 6 ft tall it's just as well!

Garden is looking good & the harvests have been fairly reasonable. Two big disasters to report my net protection had blown off the brassicas & by the time I noticed the slugs & caterpillars had them!! The windy weather a few weeks back caused all of the peaches to blow off the tree, again the slugs had a feast. Minor issues really in the grand scheme of things.

I have taken part in a couple of swaps which I shall do another blog post on as I have forgotten to take a photo of such a lovely fabric Christmas tree that Amanda sent me. I hope to that on Sunday.

Anyway thanks for keeping with me, I really do appreciate it, I'm off to do some catch up.

26 comments:

  1. Oh... I miss your posts. I hope you are getting better. I'm glad that your garden is doing well and giving you great harvest. Keep healthy and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've been having a very busy time, hopefully it should slow down a bit soon. Daniel's stayed at uni over the summer, we haven't seen much of him, but at least I know he likes it there and has settled well, that's all we want for them really. The blanket you made for Rob is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed this time next month everything will be back to normal. Makes such a difference knowing they are happy and settled doesn't it. Thank you I'm pleased with how it turned out

      Delete
  3. Busy times indeed. Doesn't time fly all 3 of my daughters have graduated the eldest 10 years ago and yet it only seems like yesterday. The blanket is beautiful, I love the colour combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does fly, my youngest becomes a teenager next month. Thank you I was rather pleased when he asked me to make one & thrilled with how much he liked it.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, it really is huge. Far, far bigger than I expected it to be.

      Delete
  5. Lovely blanket, missed your post glad you are back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you, I'm happy to be back.

      Delete
  6. The blanket you made for your son is beautiful! And I am so happy you are back! You have been busy! I hope that you get some time off here soon to kick back in you garden! A wonderful weekend to you! And yes...where does the time go! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I've been busy in work but little else, I'm looking forward to a little relaxation over the autumn planning for next year.

      Delete
  7. Great to see you back Joanne. Take care, don't overdo it.
    And as for eating all the plums off the tree... I despair of them sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm fine, on the home straight as they say, as for Mike & the plums I should have seen it coming.

      Delete
  8. Nice to have you back Jo and glad your colleague is on the mend too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you I'm glad to be back I've missed my little blogging space.

      Delete
  9. It's good to see you back in the blogging world - a sign perhaps that things are a little less frenetic than of late? Has your edible hedge survived the Summer OK and established itself properly now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes within 4 or 5 weeks things should be back to normal. Its doing well thanks for asking, a couple of casualties but on the whole it has survived well. I'm planning a post soon on it.

      Delete
  10. It's great to see you back blogging
    I bet you will be very relieved when your colleague returns to work and you can have a bit of time for other things
    Enjoy the weekend (that is if your day off is at the W/E)
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm pleased to be back. I will be relived when he is back in the office & I'm phasing him in whether he likes it or not. I will thank you & it is Sunday.

      Delete
  11. Welcome back! You seem to have been busy - loving the blanket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, work & the blanket have both kept me busy, Fab isn't it, I need to make one for me now.

      Delete
  12. I second what everyone has said! Take care, and have a good weekend. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear you're doing well, Joanne. The blanket is beautiful and I am sure he will use it well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.