Monday, 15 September 2014

Lost tribes!

I think there are one or two tribes of pixies & goblins living amongst the planting of the soft fruit bed, I'm afraid it is rather overfilled with this & that. One end houses the asparagus & the other the currants. In between there is sea kale, cosmos, dahlias, sun flowers gladioli, sedums, other plantings that escape me   & of course some weeds! The bed is then edged with alpine strawberries & backed with yellow fruiting raspberries, so it is rather full indeed.
Unfortunately last night whilst we were asleep in our beds, some of the pixies & goblins must have found there way into the house. I was woken at some ungodly hour by a faint whimpering, upon investigating I found Harry out of his bed & pointing at the curtains.

Now A I was still half asleep, B I didn't have my glasses on & C Harry is known for sleepwalking it was a rather confusing few minutes. Harry was adamant he was wide awake & gazing at his curtains waiting to drop off. Suddenly I was told with the great dramatics that Harry is also known for , that one of the curtains lifted in the middle & he heard a noise! The fact that his windows were slightly open combined with Mikes & my window being open & the landing window being open didn't appease him when I said it must have been a draught. Neither was he calmed down by Mike prowling up & down his room saying he has had some experience with hauntings & he was sure there was nothing there! The incident ended with Mike being packed off to bed with the words 'think before you speak dipstick' ringing in his ears & me spending the most uncomfortable night ever with Harry & his extremely noisy fish tank!!

I am rather sleep deprived this morning as while Harry has a double bed he also sleeps like a star fish. He also slept rather lightly last night so each time I moved he woke up & that fish tank was nearly thrown through the window!!

I did however have a lovely day yesterday, Mike was persuaded by my good self to take me out for tea & cake. Naturally the place I wanted to go was Abakhan where I was also treated to some more Christmas fabric, then again it was less of a treat as I'm pretty sure I bought it. Enjoy your day xx

35 comments:

  1. Eek, that sounds like a dreadful night's sleep. It wasn't the best here either, the littlest boy has a nasty cold and when he coughs it makes him cry sometimes because it hurts. Other half felt he should nonetheless go to school this morning. Then tried to go back to bed himself! He's up now, and not very happy/nice. Sigh. Glad you had a lovely day with cake and fabric yesterday, that does sound good. Hope it's a good week. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh bless I hope he is feeling better, nothing worse than an ill little boy.

      Delete
  2. Cake and fabric at a craft shop, lucky you, I hope your day is not too bad after your lack of sleep last night. Love your flowers, September is a colourful month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I was skipping round like a little lamb.

      Delete
  3. Oh dear. Hope the tea and cake worked their magic. Wish the garden here was as colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fruit bed looks and sounds amazing Cosmos is a beautiful plant, I had the chocolate variety years ago. How do you get on with the yellow raspberries, I found that I had to pick every day as the fruit went over the top very quickly. I am planning on growing Joan J here, if I can find the canes for sale. I think that tea and cake and a visit to Abakhan was a good trade off for a disturbed night. I want to plan a visit there, it is a long drive from here so will make it an overnight stay and do a bit of sight seeing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The yellow raspberries are new this year so there are only a few to pick. Abakhan is great, the wool is a little expensive but they have some good deals towards the back of the shop The cafe is fairly reasonable though.

      Delete
  5. What a great place for tea and cake, somewhere which sells fabric. It doesn't sound like you had the best night's sleep at all, I hope it's better tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely place, they have a separate wool shop too.

      Delete
  6. Tea cake AND fabric, sounds like your sort of shop :-)

    Nothing worse than a broken nights sleep, I hope you are feeling brighter later.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes very me, if only they had a plant section I could spend all day there.

      Delete
  7. You'll sleep well tonight and catch up :)
    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a better night sleep thank you.

      Delete
  8. I know exactly what you mean about fish tanks! Two of our children have them and I have no idea how they ever sleep. I like that jam-packed border - if I were you, I would treat yourself to a bowl of raspberries and a bunch of flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never realised just how noisy they were, Harry says he can't hear it.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful cosmos, I think your fruit patch is really doing well. Asparagus... you remind me to sow the asparagus seeds again, try and fail again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Endah, the fruit part is over now for this year. Good luck with your seeds I hope it isn't too late for you.

      Delete
  10. My Cosmos has grown wild this year too :-)
    Poor Harry, hope he settles tonight and you can get some sleep :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only stuck a few plants in, it looks like they exploded!

      Delete
  11. Thank goodness for tea and cake. Lots of people have been saying how well the Cosmos have done this year.
    Thanks, you too and I hope that you have a restful sleep tonight. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cure for all Mike! Yes cosmos has done very well everywhere hasn't it.

      Delete
  12. Ooooh cake, I hope you get some kip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of cake & yes I had a more restful night.

      Delete
  13. I had a bad night's sleep too, my back is bothering me lately. I hope you get better rest tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, nothing worse than a bad back, I hope it eases for you soon. xx

      Delete
  14. Oh dear poor you but did you have to use that dreadful word in the last paragraph.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cake does make up a little for a bad night's sleep. The cosmos look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does make up a little & I had some of Mikes too! Thanks & I only planted a few of them.

      Delete
  16. This one cracked me up! My husband sleepwalks and I can never tell if he awake or sleeping! You are too funny for words! I am glad you were treated to cake after a night of pixie's and goblins! Beautiful blooms friend! Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it can quite unnerving! Pixies & Goblins are back in the garden where they belong, though if they bring me more cake then they are more than welcome.

      Delete
  17. Hope you've managed to catch up on your sleep - tea and cake sound like a good way to recover! Your cosmos look lovely. Have a good week.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did thank you, it is surprising just how much a good nights sleep can make you recover! Thank you I rather like the colour of them this year. xx

      Delete
  18. Hope you've caught up on your sleep by now! The cosmos are beautiful - must remember to plant some for next year. Catherine XX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.