Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Orchard?

I feel I am being a miserable old crone of late & I need to snap out of it quick! I have no reason for such negativity so I am turning myself round double quick!

My return to the office went just as I suspected yesterday, one not in & the other popped into my office to say it wasn't them. I pointed out that I knew exactly who was involved & that they had started on the wrong person, I'm known not to take things lightly. I have also heard on the office grapevine that the other person has said she didn't mean anything! Like I said severe back tracking I shall leave it at that until it raises its head again or they start on anyone else. We have a couple of new starters at HQ out of the shops & I'm sure it can be quite scary for them. I don't like bullying or unfairness in any shape or form I am more than happy to step in if I see anyone else suffering!

Anyway drawing a line, positive thoughts, positive thoughts! I had the most divine Sunday & Monday, I have gone back to my two days off, I've done my fair share, I've kept my department up & running & to be honest I'm whacked. My second in command (I hate the word assistant) is due back on the 24th of this month, oh how I can't wait.

On Sunday the lovely Mike moved some of the fruit trees. Due to the garden being fairly small they are kept in large pots. I now have myself a little orchard of sorts.

It looks better in real life, I assure you! Can you see the higgledy piggledy concrete fence? This area was earmarked for Mikes new shed. He replaced the fence panels with these concrete ones, no maintenance you see when the shed was up. He though the higgledy piggledy look would be fine as you wouldn't see it. We spent a weekend preparing the base, mixing up concrete, laying it & I helped with the mixing I will have you know! Mike went shopping with his measurements for a work shop type shed & found his ideal one at a joiners who makes them to order. There was a ex display one you see, much larger than the space Mike had dedicated but much, much cheaper. Naturally Mike went for that one, which had to go in the seating area due to its size which also means I can't have a new conservatory where I wanted it so will be stuck with a smaller one at the back of the house. Plus I have higgledy piggledy concrete fences on show which I will have to cover with something! Mike is super happy with his new shed though & has all his work benches up with tool type things to make items with & I can have chickens in an orchard! Breathe Joanne breathe!!

My lovely day on Monday, my first day off to myself since the middle of July & what did I do. I knitted, I did some crochet, I received a delivery or two, I read, I polished, I hoovered, I eventually got round to planting wallflowers & sweet williams & I also prepared beouf bourguignon for dinner. A proper one too, not just ingredients flung in the slow cooker first thing in the morning & we had fresh potatoes & carrots with it from the garden.


Thank you for your comments on your my last post, it surprising just how often work place bullying occur. I can't really say it was work place bullying as I'm in the position to be able to stop it happening to me, I would also do my level best if I found anyone else in the office in the same position. Would you mind awfully if I didn't reply to your comments, I'm trying to find a proper balance with work, home & blogging & sometimes well often I struggle to post comments on your blog posts as well as reply to the kind ones you leave on mine. I know you wont mind, but I suffer from a severe guilt complex at times, I'm still feeling it from last week when Harry asked if he & a friend could play upstairs. The awful child knows he shouldn't ask if I'm working from home as naturally I need to concentrate & two boys on an x box doesn't allow me to do that! It doesn't stop him from asking & I normally give in to him, not this time though & I had puppy dog eyes all night.

I'm recovering slowly! Right I have rambled on enough already, enjoy your day all xx

20 comments:

  1. I've just this minute commented on your last post and here we are again! I tend not to reply to comments on the actual blog post but like to reciprocate by visiting that person's blog and leaving a comment there, especially if they are a 'no-reply' blogger where an email back isn't possible. Taking the time to revisit a blog to see whether a comment has been commented on just isn't possible for lots of busy folks.Glad you're working on those bullies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My hubby shops like Mike, 'it was a bargain' and it will fit in somewhere!
    I love your fruit tree's in a big pot, I might have to try one for my small garden, maybe a plum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to have some fruit trees but as we are planning to move hopefully next year I haven't bothered. I didn't think about growing them in pots, thanks for the tip :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course we don't mind you not replying, something has to give when you're so busy. Glad your return to work went well and that you got the attempted bullying under control, that's something I can't stand either. It will be nice to have your two days off back too. I've grown my fruit trees in containers but the apples haven't done so well so I'm going to put them in the garden. It will mean making a border along the grass but I don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you've made room for some fruit trees in your garden, they look great. It can often be a real struggle to fit blogging around other commitments, and I had to stop replying to comments long ago as it just took too long, sadly. I'm sure people will understand. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are all very busy Jo, so don't give replies a second thought. I never check back when i leave a comment, i just like leaving comments and receiving them of course. It would be a full time job to respond to every comment.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind in the slightest if there are no replies or comments, so please don't feel guilty. I love your potted orchard, I'm wondering if I can fit an apricot in a pot into the back garden. (I'm certain I can...) The Shed sounds magnificent. I shall look forward to seeing the amazing things he makes, lucky you! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've had abit of a time of it at work. Why some people have to be so down right nasty I don't know. We all have off our off days but some seem to do these things for nothing else than pleasure. Glad you seem to have sorted out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like you've got a good view from that corner of the garden, now you'll be able to see it!
    Don't let the buggers get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I certainly don't mind about comments! Good luck with the life balance as it's always a difficult thing to achieve let alone maintain.
    Take care. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's not easy, life, sometimes, is it? Glad you have nipped the unpleasantness at work in the bud- good for you! Sounds like you have every reason to be feeling knackered and your day off sounded lovely- my sort of pottering around peacefully type of a day. Look at the concrete walls this way- a perfect excuse to buy some gorgeous climbers.....!
    And of course don't worry about replying, you can't do everything xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are standing up to the bullies, its the one thing that really gets my goat. Your garden is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You seem to be handling the bullying element very well - it's one thing I detest. Any orchard whether in containers or not - is better than not having any fruit trees at all - I am sure you will a good way to cover the higgledy panels.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, your blogposts don't half move on at a fast pace! It's hard to keep up sometimes... Your days sound very frenetic. I'd love to be a fly on the wall at your workplace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that you sorted out the issues at work before they had chance to begin, as you say, much better to nip it in the bud. I hope that you won't have any more trouble. Do not worry at all about not replying to the comments! I had a similar dilemma myself and still beat myself up, but really, no one seems to mind, I don't mind if others don't reply to me, so why would they mind in return! We are silly to worry about such things, but we still do it. Living is the most important thing so go and have fun!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good for you for putting your foot down! I was bullied at the first school I taught at. There was a girl on my team who liked to talk about the kids and quite honestly should not have been a teacher so I kept to myself and often ate lunch in my classroom as her conversations about her students made me uncomfortable. When she put me on the spot at a meeting and I answered honestly about not wanting to discuss students she made my life for the rest of that year horrible...slammed doors on me....talked about me...you name it I got it. She eventually was transferred out of the school as the last straw was when she used her students to carry boxes from her classroom to her car...they were 2nd graders. Long and short of it....take care of yourself and follow your gut! You are a strong gal and I am so glad you are getting some time back to yourself! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you on the bullying issue, As for the blog replies - just do what is right for you! I'll still visit and comment

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated birthday greetings and well done you for addressing the bullying which, as we know, can have such a negative impact when it isn't properly managed. I've been thinking about the feasibility of a fruit tree (not sure what) in a pot and, seeing your potted orchard, might just give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Belated Happy Birthday Joanne! :-) My husband just had his 45th birthday on October 2nd. He's also 10 years older than me. I can't believe how time flies. I'm sorry to hear about the bullying, that's so wrong. I understand how busy life can get and not having enough time to keep up with things. It's okay if you can't reply and visit other blogs at the moment. I always say, if only there was more time in a day… my toddler keeps me very occupied as well. How interesting to see fruit trees in pots, love it. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow...what a weekend...sounds like you have plenty of plans to keep your mind off things...I have been playing catch up today and as you don't want to respond on comments from the previous post I will not make any here. I rather like your higgledy piggledy concrete fence....it will look lovely as all the trees start to grow!!

    I really need to get my life back in order and this is where I am starting , with catching up with all my favourite blogs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.