Tuesday, 25 November 2014

A slight peevement

Not sure if peevement is a proper word but it was how I felt last night. In fact last night I felt more than slight peevement!

As a fairly new to crafting person you should not a) Watch TV & b) talk to ones husband whilst trying to knit!

If you do this happens -


Forgive my awful camera skills, but the bottom photo towards the left, what was supposed to be a blue row of wool became twisted somehow with the pink row before it. Naturally I noticed after I knitted the row & now have to carefully unpick said row! Never having done such a thing before it can be quite heart stopping. A minor thing really in the grand scheme of things but still a slight peevement.

Look, aren't they beautiful !
I spotted this pattern on a trawl through blogland prior to my birthday in September on the Little Cotton Rabbits blog. With my birthday funds as well as a bundle  of other wool I invested in the wool used to make these wrist warmers which you can see here & here. How I love this wool now, proper wool too, I'm adding to my collection monthly!

Thank you for your comments yesterday, I was particularly heartened there were no mass 'get rid of the dog' comments. It is a work in progress & we are nearly there.

Another couple of things that has brightened my mood considerably are - Amy's Christmas card swap  I have posted my card to Amy & will post the other card once I receive my other swap address. I also had an email from Marlene over at Simple Living to say I had been drawn out of her Christmas gift swap hat. Te he, super excited now, I do like this time of year!

Enjoy your day xx

19 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful! I have to learn crocheting or knitting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of lovely happy swapping times!! I cannot imagine how you are managing to work on this design even under idea - no tv or husband! - conditions, let alone in less than ideal conditions. They are looking beautiful!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regardless that you made a mistake, you've made me want to have another go at fairisle, I used to knit it years ago and these wouldn't take so long.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! I love the look of fairisle, have knitted little bits here and there. The colors look lovely. That is so annoying though when you have to undo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so annoying when that happens, that's why I have easy things on the go for tv watching and husband talking and harder things for when I'm alone and concentrating. Noooo, don't get rid of the dog, poor Rocky is just adjusting to a new life again, it must be confusing for him but I'm sure he'll be a wonderful companion when he's settled in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've made up words only to find that they existed!

    Think of mistakes as learning opportunities, no mistakes = no learning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even if you did make a mistake, you're very talented and they're coming along beautifully. I could live to be a thousand years old and still never manage to knit like that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a lovely pattern, you have more patience than me to do an intrecate design. I tend to stick to knitted wash cloths or blankets in front of the tv. The good thing about blankets is they keep you warm at this time of year and take you round to Spring ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shame on Mike for making you go wrong. Beautiful knitting, with or without a mistake though. They're going to be lovely. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is probably hard to concentrate when Mike is at the door telling the dog to “get the kitty!” ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bloody hell woman, that looks like extremely advanced knitting to me! Well done you- they're already fab so they will be even more so when finished. And of course you mustn't get rid of doggy- you are doing brilliantly considering the short amount of time he's been with you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the patterns and colours, it must take a lot of concentration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. For someone who is new to knitting, you certainly are tackling a complex pattern!! I can't talk and knit anything more complicated than knit/purl. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Boy your piece up there (though I know you say there is a mistake) is STUNNING!!! The pattern and colors are just fabulous!!! I can't wait to see more of it!! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! You're very brave! Apparently there is a way to knit a contrast yarn like a thread through your rows every so often, then if you make a mistake you can rip back to there and very simply pop everything back on the needle....might be quicker than knitting backwards to find your mistake?!

    Will be following your veg journey with interest as I try to muster the bravery to have a go every year and it never works out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, what a gorgeous pattern! I could never knit anything like this, so I am really impressed. I hope you unpicked it ok and it's all good again now. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Peevement is a perfect word for a knitting hiccup. And that is a perfectly gorgeous pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm in awe of your knitting mistake or not :) I can't get to grips with it at all! Lovely pattern you've got there I bet you'll be so pleased with the final result :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.