Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Looking ahead to colour

The weather feels, looks? rather grim today. Everywhere is looking grey & damp & there are no sparkly frosts to be seen.

Last night I was curled up under my blanket holding a mug of tea, Chai  if you are interested, my current favourite. Though if I'm honest I much prefer the M&S version to the Twinnings one. Anyway there was nothing fun on the TV, so a quick rummage in one of the many bookcases & I pulled out these -
Next year the veg garden will be planted with baby veg plants via mail order. I've seen the package I want & details have been passed onto Mike. This means my propagator can be used mainly for flowers. Not just any flowers but cut flowers for the house.

Now I have had a good look to see what space I can spare without losing any of the veg patch. Luckily I have three separate narrow areas which I think will be perfect!

Even better, adding these three areas together gives me a combined space of approx 60 square foot, which gives me ample opportunity for numerous posies & enough flowers left for the wildlife.

As always enjoy your day xx

16 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you garden is going to be a very busy and beautiful place next year! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, there was nothing on the tv last night, this meant that I got a lot of crochet done. Sometimes I wish that I didn't have a tv, but it grabs you doesn't it?
    I like the sound of baby veg plants.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's inspiring when you read about all the cut flowers you can grow for the house, I love Louise's book. I've been saying that I'll create a cutting patch for years but still haven't, perhaps next year will be the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until next year we haven't got much of a garden here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favourite tea tipple at the moment is Twinnings Green Tea Gingerbread. Getting a little bit obsessed with It.

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The weather has been the same here today. I'm a tea drinker, just the ordinary kind with a dash of milk no sugar.
    They're two good books, which are both informative and useful.
    If all goes to plan you should have a good year. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. looking forward to seeing the cut flowers in progress xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. They must be interesting books! I want to read them..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been hooked on Twinings Lady Grey for a long time now, but recently I've been trying out my own brews just infusing mint leaves in hot water, or slices of orange/lemon, cloves - refreshing and makes you feel slightly smug and healthy. I love the idea of a cut flower patch, I think my little doggy might have other ideas. Enjoy the rest of your week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. The only way to get through November is with a seed catalogue! Really enjoying your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Will you plant annuals or perennials?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm looking forward to a good wallow in my gardening books and seed catalogues and have both of those books. Did you see that Louise won the Garden Media Guild award for best practical book 2014? It was so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How lovely to plan for a cut flower patch! At the moment I mix my annuals in with the perennials as well as growing some in pots. There's something special about choosing next summer's flowers as we head into winter :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joanne, that is just what *I* need -- a spot for growing cut flowers! I find your blog so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Tea and garden planning - sounds excellent, in fact tea with most things seems to work :) I find garden planning this time of the year helps get me over the quiet time in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes I,m looking forward to the next growing season too . Your garden will be full of birds, butterflies and the happy sound of buzzing bumblie bees !: )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.