Tuesday, 6 January 2015

Veg garden 2015

I'm a terrible procrastinator. I drive Mike to distraction! I think long & hard before making a purchase. I've wanted this garden for the last couple of years now but always pull out at the last minute & feel a little sad because I never bought it.

One of my Christmas presents from Mike was - (imagine a drum roll please|) a Rocket constant garden.  Not at the price shown either as I am physically incapable of buying or receiving anything unless there is a discount. Another thing that drives Mike to distraction!

My lovely veg garden for 2015 is delivered on four parts, the first in May this year. I feel a little tingly at the prospect.

I may be sat here feeling a little smug, the first day back in school for Harry tomorrow, I'm back in work too now laptop & blackberry have been returned to me. I have everything ready for tomorrow & now realise there are no new photos for you.

I'm not doing any resolutions this year other than having a nice veg plot & finishing a couple of quilts. Last year was so blinking dismal for most of it I was glad to see it gone. In all honesty getting from the start of 2015 to the end is good enough for me.

Aiming for the positives this year, Mike turns 50 at the end of November & I have booked a large house in the Lakes for a long weekend away for 15 of us. Rob is turning 21 in June but has told me not to organize anything as more than likely he wont be home until after he graduates. I've told him to find out his plans for sure & I will happily arrange something of his choice for him & his friends. He is rather graciously allowing us to attend his graduation ceremony providing I don't wear a hat! I am a little disappointed, about the hat of course!

I'm rambling I shall leave you with an old garden photo or two! Take care xx


21 comments:

  1. 21st and 50th your in for a good year of celebrating it seems, enjoy every moment even without a hat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a fantastic gift, and something to look forward to all year long, I might even adapt that idea and grow some of my own for family, I cant wait to see how your garden grows :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shame about the hat, I love a hat. A year to look forward to with a 50th, a 21st and a graduation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A busy birthday year for you then. I loved my daughters graduation, I was so proud.

    Looking forward to seeing how your veg & plants get on this year.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Resolutions are made to be broken

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your new garden, what a great idea. I would be miffed not being able to wear a hat, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've plenty to look forward to. I don't do resolutions either.
    I like the last picture! Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a great present, little gardens arriving just for you. I look forward to seeing each box as it comes. Here's to a good 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I look forward to seeing how you get on with your constant garden. It sounds like 2015 is a big year for you, a 50th, a 21st and a graduation, lots to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! That garden is fantastic value...I'm looking forward to seeing it 'doing it's thing'.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds as though it is going to be a really good year with the plans that you have already made! I hope that everything goes well and that you are allowed to the graduation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have some great plans for the year. I've never heard of that kind of garden but it sounds wonderful. I can't wait to see your progress this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A garden delivered at just the right time throughout the year. Perfect.

    Wear the hat and give him a big smile, what's he gonna do but smile back.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a very cool way to start your garden! That man of yours knows you so well to buy such a perfect gift :) This year sounds like the celebrations will carry you through. We don't wear fancy hats here, and I think it's a real shame. I think your son's graduation would warrant buying something really extravagant so that he will recognize his dear mom in the sea of proud parents. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, you'll have such fun with your Rocket Garden. It certainly takes a lot of the uncertainty out of it. I'll be following with great interest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I shall be happy to get from one end of this year to the other as well. The big house in the Lakes sounds wonderful. Maybe he will rethink the hat ban. Or maybe just a few feathers and a flower or two would be allowed. No doubt you will do him proud in any event. Wishing you lots of luck with the lovely garden. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That chopping Baird looks interesting. What did you make?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your runner beans make me so jealous, cause I have loosen my only one runner bean in my garden. It's not easy to find the seed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've reminded me - my son chose not to attend his graduation ceremony so I didn't get to go with or without a hat. Enjoy your garden present.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have just followed your link to find out about Rocket Gardens ! What a fantastic idea, and what a lovely present. I bet you can't wait !

    ReplyDelete
  21. The Rocket Gardens lookl like a fabulous idea, what a lovely gift. (I've just realised that my comment inadvertantly echoes the one above, oops.)

    I'm another who avoids resolutions, I'll make plans though, but not plans set in stone.

    Here's wishing you a 2015 that isn't remotely dismal x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.