Sunday, 15 February 2015

Ta dah -


I took part in a swap earlier on this year held by Tracy from Madboutbags. The swap was titled 'Send a little love' & I was partnered with Sarah

I forgot to take any photos of what I sent to Sarah so if you want to have a little nosey click on her name. 

In the parcel Sarah sent to me I found two balls of yarn & some seeds. What a great gift for a gardener who likes to knit! Also a handmade card, some heart shaped notebooks, a little garden scene cross stitch which I love, I might try & transfer it on my gardening apron thingamajig! A little necklace which has the saying 'I love you to the moon & back' which is quite funny actually & has come in quite useful.

Harry is a loving boy & is quite keen to tell me he loves me often, our daily conversations tend to go 'Love you mum', 'Love you to H', 'Well, I love you more' ' Are you sure as I love you most!' & so on & so on. I've been waving the necklace at him saying that I have physical proof now. I'm waiting for his loving nature to wear off now he is a teenager! 

Last but not least was a bag of chocolate caramel hearts which I ate & nearly saved one for Mike but he wasn't home that night so I ate it! 

I do believe that if someone has sent you some yarn that you shouldn't stash it but use it straight away. 
 The yarn Sarah sent was a self striping one which I am knitting a hat for me with on circular needles, its called knitting in the round & your work joins up as if by magic. Something I thought I would never be able to do! I'm trying some socks next.

Photos courtesy of my new camera from Mike Pike who was given very strict instructions on which one to buy for me! Without these instructions Mike would of gone for a far more expensive model with all sorts of fancy things. This would not do for me as a)I'm buying a fancy dslr one for his birthday & b) I only wanted a basic point & shoot which I can sling in my pocket. 

I have a Sony Cyber-shot if anyone was interested. 
Enjoy your day all xx 

25 comments:

  1. Lovely gifts and nice photo's, your hat is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the woolly hat, perfect colours for this time of year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful bunch of gifts you got there. All useful. Love the colour of the hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful swap gift, beautiful yarn and making it into the hat is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely gifts. I love that wool. Yes, circulars are the way to go if you don't want to have to sew up those pesky seams. I took part in the swap too but my swap partner and I don't seem to have received our parcels yet, even though they were posted last week. Fingers crossed they will arrive tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely gifts. The hat looks gorgeous, beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the gifts and the hat is just gorgeous. I have a pile of circular knitting pins but fancy trying a knitting Loom. I did the flower quiz and I am a daffodil, most appropriate as I love Yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely gifts you received. I love knitting in the round as it means I don't have any seams to sew up, my pet hate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous hat! Well done. Such perfect gifts for Valentines!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  10. What lovely things you received - and sent to Sarah as well, I went and had a look! You are both very lovely. Your new camera is obviously working well - well done Mike for sticking with the instructions!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all the wonderful things you received. As for your boy, he might go through a time he isn't quite as vocal about his love, but he will show it in other ways. My 21 year old never hesitated to hug me in front of his friends or whole swim team. It was lovely.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that wool and your hat is superb! What a nice lot of goodies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the colour of the yarn...like a bowl of summer berries.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love self-striping yarn, the hat looks lovely! I'm a convert to circulars too, they are brilliant and I even use them for non-joiny items as they bear the weight well and seem more...sturdy! The pressie swap is a lovely idea x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucky you with the gift. Good pictures. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely gifts and the hat is gorgeous. P x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the gifts, and think the hat is looking gorgeous. Knitting in the round is on my to-do list of things to try. How lovely to have some seeds to plant as well :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad you enjoyed them all :)
    Love the hat, it really suits the yarn x x

    ReplyDelete
  19. How wonderful, such a nice collection of gifts. The yarn is great, self striping works so well, love the hat!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am in awe of anyone who can knit in the round. I have tried (once) but found the sock I was making too fiddley... perhaps I should try a hat first, because it might have more room for my fingers to get inside when they need to!
    What a lovely swap parcel!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's lovely yarn and it's working up into a very nice hat. It's amazing the way it stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a perfect package of love & happiness! Good for you for making a 'magic' hat! Once I learned knitting in the round I couldn't stop. Lovely yarn for the hat too :) My son has been a teenager for a few years now, and I can still get a hug and a kiss if I get him cornered. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great haul. I love the thing you have with your son - so sweet!
    It is lovely to see what everyone else received, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely gifts. Love the bright coloured hat. Pat x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.