Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Time

I feel like I'm getting more & more behind with things even though I'm not!

Thank you so, so much for your comments regarding Harry. We both spoke to him that night & separately I found out the next day! He was very calm about it & I explained some calming strategies for him to cope if it happened again. I also explained to him how important it is to maintain eye contact as it can be quite unnerving  for the other person if they know they are in the wrong.

The next morning Harry asked me not to contact the school that day as he wanted to see if he could sort it out himself. I agreed & sent him off for the school bus unknown to me that he had had a further conversation with Mike before bedtime. Well my happy little soldier returned from school that day with a huge smile on his face, I was feeling rather relived I can tell you until he said 'I've sorted it out mum, can I tell you the exact words I used'. 'Of course darling' I replied not expecting the next sentence! 'Well one of them started on me when I got on the bus, I sat there for a moment trying to ignore him & I couldn't. So I put my fierce face on & like you told me I stared him straight in the eyes & then like dad told me to I then told him to f-off & to leave me alone & to have more respect for people, so its all sorted thanks can I have a hot chocolate please'.

Now I don't condone swearing in any way even though I can get quite sweary in work when under pressure & Mike did get a rollicking that night when he returned from work but Harry's fierce little face when he demonstrated the whole incident with me will stay with me for ever.

I cant get the camera to work so no photo's sorry,  I have an appointment at the bank to sort out my dads affairs, it does actually seem a straight forward transfer of his accounts into my mums account to be honest. I have a business trip to London tomorrow which I could really do without & I have countless people asking me stupid things. I am feeling slightly stressed I really don't need the 'Do you think it's bad form for me to have my hair done on the morning of dads funeral' type of thing!

I did however spend a delightful day in the garden with Mike on Sunday when we planted onions, shallots & garlic.

Enjoy your day all, I can't wait for half term next week xx

29 comments:

  1. Well it sounds as though Harry stood his ground very well and has indeed taken care of things himself and learnt a lot too. How good is that. I hope that all goes well with everything else and that you can get through it all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Should I get my hair done on the day of dad's funeral my response would be if you have to ask then you must be feeling sub consciously uncomfortable about it so make your own decision but then that's me, I hope this period of unrest ends soon for you, and well done Harry :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud for you, Harry was right to sort it himself, bullies don't like it when their victim's stand up for them selves, they pick on weak people and Harry was strong. Keep your chin up, once all the stuff from your dad passes life will settle again. Glad to hear you were in your garden at weekend, I enjoyed being out in mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear that Harry has got things sorted out - even if it wasn't in quite the way you would have expected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Harry is what I say. Whilst I don't condone swearing although I have my moments I would say in this instance in Harry's defense that for some less intelligent species it is the only language they understand and it looks to have worked. So I think forgiven both Harry & Mike on this occasion. Hope things calm down a little with sorting out your dads affairs. Nothing worse than having to go on a trip when you really don't feel up to it. Hopefully it won't be too arduous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes a swear word is all teenage boys understand. Harry is a very brave soul, good for him getting in their faces and backing them down. Now the nephew is another problem, does he hang with this pack so he does not get picked on?

    Motherhood is not easy.

    Hugs to you,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for Harry, so glad he's sorted it out. I hope your stressful time is soon over, nothing worse than not feeling in control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad it all got sorted out. Bullies need to be stood up to, well done Harry!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done him! sometimes only a few choice words will do ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous son you have. Well done! Hope I can handle things as well as you & your husband did when mine are older x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's hard to stand up to a bully of any kind so well done Harry, even if he did use a few choice words. lol
    Get your hair done I'd say... Your Dad would say yes I'm sure.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go Harry!! I'm glad his approach worked. Sometimes things just backfire, but clearly his fierce face and fierce words penetrated a few thick skulls ;) You do sound in a bit of a whirlwind, and I hope you can just slow down and take things one day at a time (which was my mantra with dealing with my dying mother, ill father, house sales etc etc). Take care Joanne,
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brilliant! How empowering for Harry to be able to handle that situation himself. I would never want my kids to swear, but I am quite a sweary person so I'm sure they'll pick it up sooner or later. Hopefully later. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good on Harry. SO much better that he was able to sort it out himself. They get to an age when that works best :o) As for the rest- you make sure you do more nice gardening and possibly cake and hot chocolate in a nice little cafe somewhere in a pretty village type days with Mike, won't you my friend? xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for him, brilliant that he was able to stand up to the bullies. Hope all goes well with your business trip and you are able to take some time out for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Take care Joanne. I hope the funeral goes as well as it can do. Just remember to avoid gratings in the floor with those high heels. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad that Harry managed to sort things out himself, one thing less for you to worry about. I'm glad that you enjoyed your time in the garden, the weather has been quite mild but still too cold for me to get out there I'm afraid. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank goodness I just finished my coffee,or it would have been spluttered all over the keyboard! Way to go, Harry!
    As to you hair..do what ever you want...your hair, your Dad!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I get the feeling you'll be glad when you can get out in the garden away from it all! Take care. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let's hope that it has done the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  21. So glad Harry's sorted it out, good on him.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Much better for Harry to sort things out on his own terms. His solution did make me laugh. A short sharp shock quite often does the trick.

    Jean
    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Well done Harry, he's a star, I'm glad it's cheered him up. I hope the rest of your week is less stressful. Not long until half term. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. YAY HARRY!!!!!!! This made me smile and put a huge smile on my face!!!! You got a good kid there! Take care buddy!!!! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well done that boy! Let's hope that is the end of the affair now. Interesting contrast in the advice of his two parents!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Well done Harry :) I too have a sensitive caring boy, he's 11, and on the autistic spectrum and it just makes no sense to him why anyone would be mean. He hates secondary school as he thinks sll teenagers are mean and grumpy (he may be right lol). Anyway, you must be so proud of your son for being so brave , I think the language can be excused on this occasion. I also teach my kids not to swear etc but sometimes wish my son would tell tormentors to f*** off, is that bad of me ?! This parenting thing is never easy is it ....
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think that was appropriate use of bad language under the circumstances. Well done Harry for sorting it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well done to Harry! I'm with Mitzi... sometimes it needs to be said and done in a language that the other people understand. Nuff said.


    And just WHO was asking you about getting their hair done?? A sister??? Tell them whatever. Tell them to do what they think would make your Dad happy, but that they're probably old enough to decide themselves. Crazy question!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.