Wednesday, 13 May 2015

A big exciting box

Ta-dah, my first Rocket garden veg plant delivery came yesterday. I spent the whole day bubbling with excitement & peevement  because I was working & quite frankly the work was getting in the way of my unpacking!

The box spent the afternoon on a leather sofa whilst I lovingly gazed at it & it's overspilling contents! Mike thankfully finished work early & while he was a tad unhappy with the box being on the sofa & slightly more unhappy that I had used one of his posh knives to open the box, his Global bread knife to be precise he was just as eager to see what was in it. He didn't seem to mind the bits of straw on the sitting room floor :)




The plants were in excellent condition & beautifully wrapped in straw. It smelt delightful & it was huge fun carefully unpacking each plant. I will do a proper write up of what plants I received on my next post. There was also a Hessian sack of worm-casts included.

There was so much straw used in the packaging, I filled a bin bag with it! I could compost it but I think I shall make a scarecrow out of the straw & sack, just to scare myself you know when  I look out at the veg patch.

Anyway I am really, really excited now, the proper squeaky type of excitement when you feel all fizzy inside. Enjoy your day my dears, I know I will x

25 comments:

  1. I feel so excited for you, a scarecrow is is a great idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best excitement to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's like Xmas!!!! I can sympathise with Mike over the knife, I'm like that with my fabric scissors :) Looking forward to seeing the scarecrow

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great delivery, I had a look at those packs but my seeds were already sprouting, maybe next year. Yes, if anyone used my global knives for cutting packaging I would be snitty too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could use the straw around any pumpkin, courgette or strawberry plants you have, to keep the fruits off the ground. I checked with them last time I had a box and their packaging straw is organic.

    Fancy unpacking indoors AND using one of Mike's best knives...... tut tut!! Lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm looking forward to seeing the scarecrow. I'm intrigued as to what's in the box. I've just planted out some courgettes. A first for me so I'm really hoping for some results. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Parcels are just so exciting aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, exciting, I'd be thrilled as well. I shall look forward to seeing what you've chosen. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Exciting times, looking forward to seeing what you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely that a relatively small thing can bring such pleasure. More happys to come as they grow and grow. Enjoy your planting xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I love getting parcels! Hope your rantiness has subsided!! I know exactly what you mean though xx I'd be tempted to make a scarecrow too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always exciting receiving parcels but a parcel full of plants, I'd be beside myself. Looking forward to hearing what you got.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It certainly looks and sounds, good and it'll be be interesting to see what the plants are. Thanks, and you too. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. An exciting box indeed - I'm looking forward to further details and am intrigued by the sack of worm casts. Enjoy your plants. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. A parcel full of plants. What's not to love! Happy planting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just can't beat that feeling of excitement that comes from opening a long-awaited parcel. It was great hearing how excited you are. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love when new plants or seeds turn up! nothing better than thinking about harvests to come!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's a whole garden in that box! Enjoy your transplanting :)
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I would pass out from joy if I received this goodness in the mail!!! So glad you were happy with your plants.....have a blast planting friend! Nicole xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh that is exciting, I love opening parcels! And you should definitely make a scarecrow out of that spare straw :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very, very exciting. Have fun.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  22. Phew, that's me all caught up with your posts. Commenting here because I love the scarecrow idea. Did you/have you made one?

    Happy veg gardening :o)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would probably be excited too, if something I’ve been waiting for finally arrived. It seems like everything is in good condition; that packaging really did the trick. Anyway, it’s nice that you’ve found a use for all those straw. And you could always turn the scarecrow to a compost later on. Thanks for sharing this with us. Have a great day!


    Brandon Bowman @ State Transport

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.