Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Week so far - excuses - life

Sunday -  Joining Winwick Mum's sock a long - Very pleasant day spent celebrating youngest nephews birthday. Also spent the afternoon & evening getting slightly sloshed. Spent most of this time crying with laughter with the rest of the group we were with. Met my brothers new girlfriend for the first time, my mum is more than impressed that she works for a bank. My mother also has no idea of what I do for a living, she has no interest, never has in her daughters education or careers. (You can laugh, I do) Not as bad as it sounds its just the way she is, girls don't do clever things you see! but she is pretty sure I have an important position :) I returned home at 9:15 pm Mike returned at 2 am. My sock yarn & needles glared at me from my knitting basket as we were only going to the birthday meal!!!!

Monday - Quite possibly the best day I have had all year. Mike, the hound & I spent the majority of the day in the garden. We dug, pottered & generally got the garden ready for planting. We also sowed seeds & planted some more flowers in the front. We also made a mixed bean chilli for Tuesday evening in the slow cooker. I don't like a lot of meat & have slowly over the years trying to convert Mike to more vegetarian meals. Sock yarn & needles still glaring at me from knitting basket.

Tuesday - Back to work & I actually went to the office instead of working from home. In between doing busy stuff I did read your blogs but couldn't comment as in said work place. Mike phoned to say he wouldn't be home that night so chilli still in slow cooker for Wednesday. Sock yarn & needles still glaring at me as I got drenched taking Rocky for his walk & Harry had friends over. By the time everything was sorted I was too tired!

Wednesday - Took my mum to solicitors. On our return home she remarked how young the solicitor looked. When I returned home I hastily checked my face in the mirror to count wrinkles as the solicitor was a good few years older than me & I'm 41! Mike back home so we will have the mixed bean chilli, sock yarn & needles removed from basket to coffee table.

Thursday - I'm going to a jolly in the morning. It isn't really a jolly but I'm calling it one as I will have the morning out of the office & on the email sent it stated breakfast pastries & coffee to be served after registration. I shall be there at 8:30 am on the dot!

I shall leave you with some random but recent photos & the promise of leaving a few comments on you blogs. Take care my dears x





25 comments:

  1. Busy, busy, busy... :o)

    Sniggering at your wrinkles (in a good way) as you'll understand having read my post today! Enjoy those pastries and the chilli :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sister I hear you!! Neither of my parents have had any interest in what I do for a job ! My mum once told someone I was a "rep" because I had a company car! (I wasn't, I trained Accounts IT systems to new users!) . Love your blog xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like a good beany chilli too, and am also cutting back on meat.At least you got to touch your yarn and needles, mine are sat in the basket almost snarling at me. I may have to throw a quilt top over them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wrinkles show a life lived, and mum's forget to say nice things to their daughters, my mum was terrible, I still loved her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the yarn, but am waiting for a short cicrular to arrive...me and DPNs...it's not happening! Your mum comments made me smile, I'm blessed with fairly supportive parents in that department , although my mum is a tad emotionally retarded. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good post and thanks for the early chuckle. Isn’t it fun getting the garden ready for another year of growing things for the table?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good week so far I think. Solicitors have mostly sold their souls to the devil, which may account for the youthful appearance. Good luck with the sock. I have yarn glaring at me as well. So far I've printed off a pattern, knitted a tension square, realised the pattern is far too tricky for me (I-cord cast =on???), spent fourteen hours looking at Ravelry and printed off a new pattern. I'm almost ready to knit. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it when other people are as busy as me!!! Hope you enjoy your breakfast tomorrow.....incidently did the needles ever get into your hands or just as far as the coffee table???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am married to a solicitor who looks devilishly young to me, but that might be because I see him with the eyes of love! (love CJ's comment by the way; that's what a like tab would be useful for!)
    Hope the rest of the week is as good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its great to be out in the garden sowing seeds and planting. Have great time at the jolly in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up!! I got sloshed over the weekend too....love that you had a great time! We all need times like that to unwind!! And YAY for spending the whole day gardening! You got so much done!!! Happy gardening to you friend!!! And here is to a wonderful Thursday! Nicole xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've been very busy! Sounds like you're having a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds busy. I'm so behind with the garden, I haven't been digging but the puppy has! I'm determined to grow something but will have to build a Fort Knox like structure around it probably. Mixed bean chilli sounds lovely. Good luck with the sock knitting and enjoy the rest of your week. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very full few days - hope you enjoyed the pastries.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good week so far. I wish I could knit socks but it takes me all the time to manage two straight needles. Enjoy the rest of the week. I'm off to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It sounds like a busy but enjoyable few days, apart from the wrinkle counting. I was always told that I'd know when I was getting old because doctors would look young to me, I'm sorry to say that they look as though they're just out of nappies so I must be very old now. Hope you've enjoyed the pastries this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You've certainly had a busy time. It's funny isn't it I was one of four girls and my mum was quite a modern women had a very good job as what would now be called the Chief Execs PA rather than secretary but my dad a lorry driver didn't agree with any of us staying on to do A Levels as he said it would be a total waste as we would all end up getting married and having children and staying at home. How wrong he was yes we all got married and had children but we have all worked all our adult lives. How times have changed.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like you had a busy, and varied few days. Enjoy what remains of the week. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that the coffee and pastries were great this morning. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm doing the sockalong too! I'm hoping to actually manage to finish two socks, your week sounds very busy but nice I had to laugh at the wrinkle thing your Mum sounds quite a character. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you so much for the mention! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished socks! You've made some good progress in your garden; I really need to get on and do some more in mine xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. The weather has definitely been right for a nice hot bean chilli down here in the south! Monday was glorious wasn't it! I spent a few happy hours doing my Mum's garden, feeling like it was summer, with her hovering saying I'd get cold if I stayed out too long! Hoping for some more of that warm sun to work in my own garden now! Have a good weekend, Jo! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Life is frantically busy at times, isn't it? I'm glad you've been able to spend some time pottering in the garden - it's such a therapeutic thing to do :)
    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sounds like a full week! Glad you managed to get some gardening pottering in too. Your experience with solicitor reminds me of my son's parents evening. I swear his maths teacher looked about 14. Balanced up by scary tweed-skirted humanities teacher though, who made ME feel about 14! Good luck with the socks! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I really do appreciate it.